Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

How do we feel about the SNL slave joke?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 11:26am
First of all, Leslie Jones is funny as sh*t

secondly.. that Joke is an older joke she, I guess, modified to add the slave bit.
Not sure why she added the slave bit but… Hey, she wrote it… And SNL OK'd it…
so there's a form of creative freedom their that you can look forward to in future skits.

thirdly.. I wasn't offended but it could've been funnier.. But I'm still #TeamBigLez 

Again Scrutiny is at an all time high.

Edited by OoDles O - May 06 2014 at 11:27am
Sponsored Links

Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 11:30am
I didn't think it was gut busting funny but I'm not offended. 
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 11:30am
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

secondly.. that Joke is an older joke she, I guess, modified to add the slave bit.
so there's a form of creative freedom their that you can look forward to in future skits.

thirdly.. I wasn't offended but it could've been funnier.. But I'm still #TeamBigLez 

Again Scrutiny is at an all time high.

She is really funny....
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

kfoxx you sure whites were like

Actually no.  I figure its more certain black people were uncomfortable with the joke being told in front of white people because:

"omg, slavery is never funny",
"not all whites are racists",
"its not like they owned slaves", etc. 

White people don't care as much because they know they aint sh*t.  They were thinking hell yes I would be breeding for million dollar ball players if I owned slaves, lol, but times are different now so who cares.

Its not like nothing she said was untrue.  It was a very funny bit in its entirety.  People are reacting to the words slavery and birthing. 

Edited by kfoxx1998 - May 06 2014 at 12:28pm
JulieGianni View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JulieGianni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 1:37pm
I didn't think it was funny.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 1:40pm
people and these twitter crusades...

The last time I saw her live she roasted my table and told us we only had a couple good years left lol and bitches like us won't be able to keep a man because we never had to learn to cook and clean. she went IN on my cousin who wears her ratchet proudly and I still found her hilarious.  I've seen her twice and I never heard her say anything questionable.
nebhnebh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nebhnebh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 1:59pm
"Yo Leslie! Can we get some progressive jokes?  Making a joke of slavery is tired and tacky."

I didn't see it but from what I read, I probably would not have liked it.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

thirdly.. I wasn't offended but it could've been funnier.. But I'm still #TeamBigLez<span style="line-height: 1.4;"> </span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Again</span>…<span style="line-height: 1.4;"> Scrutiny is at an all time high.</span>

I think it would have been funny without the slave bit. Just referring to her size and making lebron type babies vs. a petite chick.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 2:20pm
I am often uncomfortable and appalled at jokes at black comedy clubs and do feel some type of way with those jokes being told in mixed company, cause I know they are not laughing with us, they are laughing at us. There should be some type of black comedian code of ethics or something.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 2:26pm
I actually think I used to be uncomfortable but I don't give a damn now.  Fck them, we need black people jokes to deal with their bullsh*t.  And just because the comedian said "niccah" it doesn't mean its okay for you to say it so don't even askLOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic