Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

How do u wear ur real hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 10:53pm
i use shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie and/or ecostyler olive oil gel. the shea moisture has enough water in it to revert my hair a tiny bit and give it some hold, and the eco styler does that too. i've gotten good results with both but sometimes i do it w/o the gel b/c i can't find it LOL

sometimes i use little flexirods on the very ends
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 12:11am
Right now I have an afro with two flat twist hair bands at the front just to keep the hair out of my face. But yeah regardless I pretty much wear my afro whether it's in a puff or whatever. I had my Pam Grier goin on today for real, and people noticed. Cool
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 11:55am
More ideas and pics...

I'm no longer natural anymore...
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 12:48pm
How long is ur hair Rumbera?!
Momeijheii View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Momeijheii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 3:19pm
Locs.
Before I restarted, I wore them in 70 different directions, or with a tam.
Now, it's purple, puffy, and in 70 different directions. All under a tam, tho. The tam is the key here.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 7:42pm
I often tend to wear my hair out or in buns.

However, I am trying to get back to wearing more different hair styles more often.

Here are some pics though:

Top bun(One of my staples, I wear them in different variations.)

Hat with hair out(for those cold months), stretched hair(Despite hair growth my hair still decides it wants to shrink into a chin length bob, so I stretch it now and then.)

Poofy straightened hair(On rare occasions)

More buns(I love buns, especially sleek ones, they add a sophisticated touch to a somewhat casual look. I often go for specific bun styles, but I would like to switch them up some more though. I have grown very fond of the side bun.)

Beach waves(braid out with two ponytails on straightened hair, simple way to change a look and a good way to maintain a straight style by sleeping with braids over night. Especially in humid weather I sometimes keep my hair in two braids under a hat and then unravel once I've reached my destination), side ponytail on straightened hair.

Braid out, poofy braid out(I did this braid out on dry hair with about 8 braids), braid out with swoop bang
(Braid outs are the easiest option for me between braid outs and twist outs. With twists I'd have to secure them at the root and tip for them not to unravel and braids tend to stay put better.Plus I don't have to keep them in as long to get results. I keep them in overnight as the braids are never suitable to go out with since they're for setting purposes only.)

Unstretched hair(Basically my staple style on many occasions, though I am trying to switch it up a bit more now, straightened hair(I do not wear my hair straight as often, but bone straight is an exception once I do, I tend to braid it in two and create a wavy pattern in it.)
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 7:48pm
i do more style with my hair when it's straightened than in its natural state.
I just go to youtube for styles.
When my hair is natural, it's usually in a twist out or braid out (the former much more than the ladder) and I style it from there but nothing special.
Straight needs more styles hence it getting more attention.
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 8:07pm
Thank u everyone. Thanks so much Ritle!
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 6:37am
I absolutely have to comment that I love some of the suggestions so far, I will try the flexirod styling option, I have only ever used flexirods to set my hair but I most def. am inspired now to try some more styles.
Loved the pics in the first pages of the thread too.
And those long locks... wow!*grabs fan* That's my dream length...
luckily dreams can come true...hopefully.

Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

Thank u everyone. Thanks so much Ritle!

You're welcome.

And to comment on straight hair styles.
I personally only really style my hair in to updos with straight hair if it's starting to revert and I still want to work with the stretched length. In general straight hair is my moment to enjoy the length, so I let it hang and blow in the wind.

I do think that you can use cute hair accessories to still make a difference to your hair while it's down when it's straight, but I guess that would depend on the outfit and the occasion.

Straight hair can give you an option to make a more massive doughnut bun though, especially with hair pins, I've been wanting to try that, so I most def. will try that and hopefully will be able to document that moment.

I guess you could also do rolled updo's where you'd leave some of the hair hanging out in spiral curls.

One thing I also used to do(years back) was put my hair in a very high ponytail with a black hair elastic and let the hair on top hang down and let it come together with a swoop bang in the front.

I don't even know why I didn't think of that while I was wearing my hair straight last time.I think if executed a bit differently you could create a faux-bob style as well.

Personally I tend to stay away from styles that will not look drastically different from my hair while it's curly, like a tight rolled up bun, so that is only a last resort option if it has rained and there's no time for anything else.

Also (a)(chop)stick(s) might be an option to achieve quick straight updo's and getting them in different colors and designs might help switch things up a bit.

Silly me, did not buy a few hair clips because they won't close properly on my hair, not taking in account that when I wear it straight I actually CAN wear those hair clips. So that will be my next tip, bring out whatever accessory would not flatter or work with your hair otherwise when your hair is straight. So back to that store I shall go,lol.

You can also use braids or twists to change a look, like a braid and twist running across in the front to look like a natural hairband.
Or a flat twist in the front.

Straight hair is also a moment to explore a fishtail side braid, the straight hair edition. Or any side braid for that matter.

Honestly, styling can be a pain in the butt when you run out of ideas.
So I most def. understand where you are coming from.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic