Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Forum LockedHOW DO U USE CLEAR NAIL POLISH TO SEAL A WEFT?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Ms.PSoSexxi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2009 at 12:51pm
thank you glam rock! I know i looked crazy to other members .. I jus gotta check that the polish i bought is the right one.. but ill get the fabric bond too.. ill do a test of both.. jus for the curiosity of mine and others..
Sponsored Links

laddie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2009 at 12:59pm
I used regular hair glue the last time I sealed.
Ms.PSoSexxi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2009 at 1:06pm
Glam rock may i ask why formaldehyde free?.. unfortunatley the nail polish frm brucci i got has that ingredient..
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2009 at 1:14pm
Ouch
glamrock View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2009 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Ms.PSoSexxi Ms.PSoSexxi wrote:

Glam rock may i ask why formaldehyde free?.. unfortunatley the nail polish frm brucci i got has that ingredient..
ShockedTake it back to the store. Tolune & Formaldehyde are not healthy for the nails nor contact with the skin, and most nail polish excludes it nowadays including the Brucci that I get for sealing so if your bottle lists it, I would exchange it, I know that the brand "NYC" at the drugstore is tolune & formaldehyde free...any cheapo bottle of polish that does not include those ingredients will do.

Edited by glamrock - Apr 15 2009 at 1:47pm
debg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2009 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by mz. shaw mz. shaw wrote:

Wuz up with 'sealing the wefts'?  I'm a weave wearer, been wearing sew-ins for over 8 yrs now, but never have I heard of this! (I'm so excited I found this website!! Big%20smile)   I'm also from a city in FLA where people still wear up-dos too, so that could be the reason!  What's the purpose of this?  I'm always up to trying new things, especially if its gonna benefit my hair!!

LOL I was the same way cuz I never heard of this before I started readin about it heere.   It helps keep the hair in the weft.  I want to Sallys and got some black fingernail polish for under a buck and viola!!! I aint payin no $10 and shipping for somethin out there and i don't know what it is!!  I lay the weft out and brush it on the sides of the wefting and on top and it was dry super quick.  I read where wefts turn white after washing but that hasn't happened with the black polish at all!!

Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2009 at 3:43pm
Formaldehyde is a carcinogen (cancer causing agent). I make sure my nailpolish does not have it or toulene.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2009 at 4:23pm
ErmmConfusedCry

nevermind..

Edited by Cream1970 - Apr 15 2009 at 4:26pm
DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2009 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by HairGirl203 HairGirl203 wrote:

Is it me ....Are you using everything else ..other than what people have recommended to you is tryed and trued ? .....Nail Polish is not strong enough to seal wefts 
I agree.. and I'll add this.. Not only is nail polish not strong enough to seal wefts, it may not stand up to water, heat, and oils.. (all the things your hair is subjected to from normal styling)

If I was dealing with BSS hair I guess I wouldn't care, but if it's good quality hair that I am sealing I wouldn't want to use a cheap sealer. Plus I am VERY particluar not use anything that would not be good for the extensions hair and my natural hair. Personally I will pay good money and shipping for a GOOD sealer that will stand up to heat and water, and most importantly a good sealer is strong enough to seal wefts and will LAST without touching up or re-applying it.. (After all sealing wefts is a PITA, so I really don't want to have to re-seal hair because I used a "cheap" sealer)

As for white wefts... Well I'm gonna keep repeating this.. 
Quote My wefts turned white.. What now??

I hear this question asked over and over again.. So here’s my take on it.. The color of the wefts really shouldn’t matter since with a good install they will not be seen.. (seriously.. if you can see your wefts, you have bigger issues than white wefts..LOL)

However, for those who are really worried about it, you can always add a little POWDERED (not liquid) Rit dye to your weft sealer of choice. This will tint the sealer, and solve the”problem”.

Edited by DivaVocals - Apr 15 2009 at 6:08pm
lattabody View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2009 at 5:04pm
i used that damn nail polish and it did not work.it was all over my weft then i used acetone to get rid of it what! big mistake
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic