Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
lovingthrill View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I wash curly synthetic hair
    Posted: Nov 26 2008 at 9:36am
I have never had curly synthetic before. I installed it a little over 2 weeks ago and I really want to wash it but I am scared I will loosen the curl or it will tangle. It already gets sort of tangled sometimes but not noticeably and the curl has already dropped some. Does anyone have any techniques for washing (products methods). i know some people braid the hair but isnt that for wavy. I don't want it to become wavy.

The hair in question is the Miss Willows/ Elements French Deep Bulk. It is supposed to be able to take heat and be straightened but I don't plan to do that.  I got it from ebonyline.com.

Thanks in advance for replies.

Sponsored Links

cynfash View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2008 at 10:27am
You can wash it with a sponge and gentle wash it that way and for your scalp my hair stylist said get a qtip and damp it with some seabreeze and put it on your scalp and it will clean and stop the itch i already tried and already the itch stop.
ExoticMami215 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2008 at 1:36pm
You can't wash no darn synthetic hair girl, what's wrogn with you lol. It will mess up pretty badly don't do it. It may say on the package you can wash it but you can't. Just buy a new pack synthetic hair is cheap anyway
shanderell View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2008 at 12:46am
Ummm... You can wash synthetic curly hair. You can do it the way cnfash stated just don't scrub. Also, let it air dry before trying to de-tangle it because you can lose the curl pattern if you do it while it's wet. I have washed my curly hair plenty of times that way without losing the pattern.
ExoticMami215 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2008 at 12:03am
|Good Luck lol
PlatinumLuv View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2008 at 2:01pm
I always wash my curly synthetic hair.  Just don't manipulate or rub the hair - let the water flow over your head and through the hair, condition with a little fabric softener (please don't get it on your roots/natural hair...i don't know if that's safe so i don't do it), and air-dry. If it's a good quality synthetic hair (batik, kanubia, freetress), the curls will bounce back - especially if you use the fabric softener.  There are threads that mention and in which i've described the fabric softener technique. Just search if you want to know...
lovingthrill View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2008 at 11:27am
Thank you for all of your suggestions.
I washed my hair the other day. Doesn't look any worse or better than it did but at least it is clean. I have to rebraid anyway but I am being lazy.

I would like to use batik or freetress but once I find a type of hair I am attached for a while so I will do the elements/miss willow for my next set. I am going to need to buy another batch of hair soon though so I may try freetress.  How many packs does everyone put in. I put in 3 packs for my last braids (almost ran out) do people usually put more? I had a friend's house so she could start the front and she says people usually come in with 8 packs. I can't do that I think my hair would break right off since it is so heavy.
lovelynatural81 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2009 at 12:09am
I personally use 3-4 packs when I do my hair long with freetress. When I do shoulder length I do 2-3 packs, cut the hair in half. Your right you dnt want to put too much weight on your head.
cynfash View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2009 at 10:40am
with moi i use a wig shampoo or one of those cheap vo5 shampoos they sell at walgreens for a dollars is all you need and after that i spray it with a leave in by aphogee so i get less product build up when i put conditioner on the braids towel pat let air dry and put carols daughter tui oil smells so good and keeps my scalp looking fresh
Blk/Ind Beauty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2009 at 10:47am
i know it's a little late but gently washing synthetic hair with baby shampoo is good. Works like a charm for meThumbs%20Up
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic