Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Relationships
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How do I hide the fact I bleach my skin from him
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

How do I hide the fact I bleach my skin from him

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 10 Votes, Average 2.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Kittyhammertoe View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Kittyhammertoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 9:35am
You should just drink a cup of Clorox every night before bedtime.
Sponsored Links

MdDyme07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote MdDyme07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 3:58pm

how does bleaching ones skin make them a self hater? Are people that wear weaves self haters? How about people that go tanning? There are bigger issues going on in the world, if somebody wants to bleach their skin or get a tan IDGAF!!!
Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 9:41am
Originally posted by shantedubs shantedubs wrote:

Hello BHM Tongue

I've been seeing my current boyfriend for almost a year now and we have decided to move in together, I'm so happy and excited Big smileBig smileBig smile because he really counts me as a part of his future.
Only problem is he hasn't realised for some reason but I bleach my skin you see I would have thought maybe he guess because my knuckles are a little dark but nope he hasn't. The other day we were talking about Vybz Kartel being in jail and he said 'that self hating ninja aignt no bleaching creams in jail', so this has led me to realise he doesn't know I do it as he often ridicules it in my presence.

I am from Jamaica and it's not till I came to US that I knew bleaching was seen as bad, I am 23 now and started when I was 18 and I have gone from about Mac NC50 - NC42 Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smile. My family back home all bleach too but it's just here in the US that people don't like it for whatever reason. It's funny also cos he tells me I'm light LOL

My regime is morning cream and night cream and I have a special cream for my knuckles how can I hide my regime from him when I move in with him, my mum said I should remove the cream wrappers  ??

Anyone know how to go about this ?? Big smile

p.s NOO 'omg ur a self hater' blah blah nonsense please, where I am from it's just part of your beauty regime. I do not want to be white, I'm just maintaining my yellow tone. Big smile

First off, if he is counting you as part of his future .. why isn't he asking to MARRY YOU? Why should the farmer buy the cow .. when he can get the milk for free? Don't sell yourself cheap by 'auditioning' for the part of wife in this manner. My advice is to - SAY NO. Give dating another year or so and then only accept a proposal of MARRIAGE! BE SMART about men. They only want what they can't have ... so don't be so easy.

- Black Americans have a major problem with anyone bleaching their skin - you should have anticipated the insults on this forum. However, Black Americans are also color struck in favor Black people with light skin - just read all the zillions of threads on light skinned/'good hair' in this forum. So to me the skin bleaching thing is just the flip side of same F*** up color coin that's always tossed up in the air around here. (Another reason I left The States)

- Those bleaching creams are designed to be used on a limited part of the skin for a few months only to fade dark marks from acne, or other scars. But it's NOT supposed to be used all over your body for a LIFETIME! DUH! The active ingredient

Hydroquinone can cause health problems when used on this way. You are putting your health at risk- big time!

- I won't speak on the astetics of this look .. because I often see African women walking around here in The NL and I can immediately recognize that grayish hue they have from bleaching their skin. I shudder to think how they must look undressed - because you can't bleach .. EVERYTHING.Confused

To answer your question though - when you live with a guy .. he is gonna figure out ALLLLL your secrets .. eventually. Men are not stupid so this business of hiding the creams or removing the labels .. can only go but so far. It's called ... being in a RELATIONSHIP.

Every woman keeps her beauty secrets from her man - I am the same Wink BUT ... if he told you ... that he SPECIFICALLY dislikes bleaching creams, you should have told him the truth .. a long time ago.Confused

Now you are living a lie and when he finds out - he will be pi****.

I think you should just tell him the truth now and let the chips fall where they may.Shocked If he really loves you, he will forgive you and you can both move on.

However, you already said HE THINKS YOU ARE LIGHT (so that's another LIE you are carrying)  sooo if he's one of those color struck Black American guys... he might dump you simply because he wanted a lightskinned girl. Ouch This means .. he doesn't really want YOU though. Take a clue because that's not real love.

Either way .. whether you tell him or he finds out on his own ... you will eventually see what your man is made out of. Fess up now instead of living with this LIE on your head - because it will undermine your relationship. He is likely gonna find out about BOTH of your lies .. and then what?

Edited by Becky - Dec 21 2012 at 9:50am
EasterBell View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasterBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 1:39pm
Shandra azz know she know how to troll
DarkestBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DarkestBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 1:21pm
Its been a year did he find out? And this had to be one of the most entertaining threads EVER!!!! You guys are hilarious BHM another verison of Twitter LOLLOLLOLLOL
ScorpioLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 4:46pm
I'm mad this went on for 9 pages.....
BeautyAddiction View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeautyAddiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 12:13pm
I guess just being honest is out of the question. I mean he is gonna notice if you mocha chocha and one day you are pale.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 12:40pm
Postiche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Postiche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2013 at 2:53pm
I can not understand why people are so hateful of those who choose to lighten their skin. You may not agree granted but do people have to be disrespectful. Is it self hate when a girl who looks like guy the gorilla and who has kinky hair no longer than a fingernail, decides to clown herself by putting in 500 grams of 28in hair.

.... And as for the black Americans don't play that.... I am sorry but black americans are some of the most color prejudiced people out there. I don't agree or disagree with lightening it is very black woman's choice - just like boob jobs, nose jobs and ridiculously stupid weaves.

It is funny to me that all you people come down so hard on the average sue for wanting to lighten her skin, yet you live in a constant state of denial when it comes to US celebrities- beyonce, rihanna, m Jackson, Kerry Washington etc lightening theirs.In fact some people will try to kill you if you draw attention to beyonces obvious skin lightening.
Why don't people direct their vitriol at celebs ... Oh right it is because people are too busy worshipping the ground they walk on
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 9:06am
Originally posted by Postiche Postiche wrote:

I can not understand why people are so hateful of those who choose to lighten their skin. You may not agree granted but do people have to be disrespectful. Is it self hate when a girl who looks like guy the gorilla and who has kinky hair no longer than a fingernail, decides to clown herself by putting in 500 grams of 28in hair.

.... And as for the black Americans don't play that.... I am sorry but black americans are some of the most color prejudiced people out there. I don't agree or disagree with lightening it is very black woman's choice - just like boob jobs, nose jobs and ridiculously stupid weaves.

It is funny to me that all you people come down so hard on the average sue for wanting to lighten her skin, yet you live in a constant state of denial when it comes to US celebrities- beyonce, rihanna, m Jackson, Kerry Washington etc lightening theirs.In fact some people will try to kill you if you draw attention to beyonces obvious skin lightening.
Why don't people direct their vitriol at celebs ... Oh right it is because people are too busy worshipping the ground they walk on

Truth ... everyone will deny it and pretend the fictious 'The White Man' is the problem. Confused

The problem is staring at you IN THE MIRROR but folks are just too damaged to take responsibiliy for their choices in life.

It's always someone else's fault.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>