Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Curls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do I get curly hair?!

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
kayydion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kayydion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I get curly hair?!
    Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:57am
I'm not sure if there's a post already on this or what but... I have relaxed hair. And it's halfway down my back (a little past my bra strap), I've been getting perms pretty much all of my life. Maybe two or three times a year. But I want to completely stop getting perms and allow my hair to have its natural curls. I've tried all kinds of products. My hair has the ability to curl up, for example, if I wash it and I let it air dry without combing it the curls are there but not as defined and tamed. If it wash it and run a comb through it, it turns into a frizzy afro like mane. How do I get curls and/or transition from getting relaxers to having "natural hair?"
Sponsored Links

JadaReign View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JadaReign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 11:08am
It depends on what you're comfortable doing. Some people do the big chop and some transition. Don't relax your new growth, u can grow out your hair and cut your relaxed hair gradually. Most of all do your own research.
rohanjain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rohanjain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2014 at 1:22am
you can use hair curls pressing machine. Now, these are easily available in the market. You can also try hair straighting machine for straight hair.with these machines you can try different hair styles daily.
tashaisarn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashaisarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 2:05am
Kayydion, the way that I grew out my hair was to stop relaxing it, and as Jadareign suggested, I allowed it to grow while I transitioned.  I did not big chop, or cut my realized hair as it grew longer.  What I did was pretty much not use heat on it (to prevent heat damage, which causes the hair to be straight, or have a looser curl due to the damage), and I wore braids and extensions until my hair grew out.  Over a year's time, I transitioned, and then went to a natural hair beautician and she cut off the relaxed an damaged hair.  I have 3B-4A hair, and although I have arm pit length hair straightened, it's about chin length curly (significant shrinkage) Youtube was a great help (Taren916, kimmaytube and africanexport, to name a few gurus), and my go to hair products are Shea Moisture and coconut oil.  I use the L.O.C. method, and my hair stays well hydrated.  I have never really done protective styling,  but many swear by it.  I hope this is a start, and feel free to ask me more questions if I can be of help.  My 18 year old daughter big chopped last January and she has a beautiful head full of ear length curls, shoulder length straightened.  I'm not sure how to post pics, but I tried to include a pic, so that you can see my hair type.  

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201231461968007&set=pb.1215047639.-2207520000.1397977110.&type=3&theater
kayydion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kayydion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 3:04pm
I love your curls! They're very pretty. I'm trying to avoid doing the big chop as well and stop relaxing my hair. I've been wearing sew ins for about a year now and I've probably relaxed it two or three times. I've decided not to get a relaxer this time and begin my transition journey. Right now, I don't know what to do with it. I don't like any of the protective styling styles lol. So lately I've just been wearing it up in a bun. My ends need to be trimmed badly. YouTube is what made me want to go start transitioning. Do you know anything about protein treatments such as mayonnaise? I have no idea what my hair type is.

Edited by kayydion - Apr 22 2014 at 3:05pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply