Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Texturizers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

how do i determine what my curl pattern is?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
mzbsweetz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzbsweetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how do i determine what my curl pattern is?
    Posted: May 25 2010 at 7:25pm

my hair is kinky and i currently hava a relaxer. i want to grow my hair out a little and put a curly perm in. (is there a difference between a text and curly perm) i dont want tight curls like jerry curls but a wave patteren...is this possible

Sponsored Links

AllyOrNotAlly View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllyOrNotAlly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2010 at 10:02pm
To determine you curl pattern you have to have like 3 inches of natural hair present for someone to look at and type. I'm not so sure about growing out hair a little then putting a curly perm in if you're not going to cut off the relaxed ends. Now if you are going to cut them off(which you didn't mention whether you were doing that or not) then it's totally fine to get a curly perm. A curly perm is different from a texturizer and it is possible to get a wave pattern from it. Texturizers loosen your natural curl and a curly perm creates whatever curl/wave that you want depending on the size of the roller/curlers that you use during the process of the perm.

You should probably post this in the curl's section to get more help if you want a curly perm. I'm 100% natural, but I read a lot about different processes when I'm bored. So I know enough about what you're asking here, but for more information you should talk to some girls who actually have a curly perm.
afrosista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrosista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 8:15am
curly perms really arent great for ur hair they involve a double chemical process of first straightening ur hair n then creating a new curl pattern with rollers.. a texturiser jus loosens ur natural curl slightly.. it is a much healthier option for ur hair
jineat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jineat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2010 at 9:33am

If you're planning on getting a curly perm you don't need to know what you're natural curl pattern is because that type of perm will force your hair to curl around the size rod the stylist use and that will be your curl pattern. Now if you're looking for your natural curl pattern, you might want to grow out at least 4 or 5 inches to decide on whether you might want to just texturize to define your natural curl pattern.

And I agree with afrosista, curly perms are a double process. I would suggest  texturizing with a time release relaxer which you can wash and wear or switch back  and forth from curly to straight to curly. 

Edited by jineat - May 30 2010 at 9:35am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style