Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How committed are you to supporting black business
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
 

How committed are you to supporting black business

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 3.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 27 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 75696
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 3:34pm
Some of them are low down. I've dealt with some shady mechanics, etc, but a dirty man nine times out of ten is gon be shady.

But I enjoy the restaurants and catering businesses, etc. I want to change to a black physician. I'm still going to Asian the one I had as a teen. There are black pharmacies and contractors (again not sure how reliable the contractors are).
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: May 12 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 16557
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

I do..because I am business owner myself. I support all small business as well. 

But sometimes...its simple changes that could really help us. 

Like have a functioning website. There's a cake lady who's cakes are AMAZING. I wanted to order a large cake for my brother's birthday and their website was horrible. A simple Shopify or BigCommerce site would be fine. 

Shipping cost...i just paid $10 in shipping to get some bath products shipped to me. (And we live in the same city)This girl has great all natural products that smell sooooo good! I love them but the market will never get $10 shipping on anything. 

Black owned Grill and Bar...the only problem..then DO NOT have a liquor license. Realllllllyyyyy?!?!?!  In in DOWNTOWN and really could be a great place to do. They have a stage, live band , the food is not my cup of tea but it'll work.... Its like dude that's your money maker, how could you NOT get a liquor licenses with a restaurant downtown.


This.  I know so many black business owners in my home town that don't promote or generally don't take their businesses seriously.
Back to Top
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 27 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 75696
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

Speaking from the other end of the spectrum....I don't like black customers who think they are doing me a favor by patronizing my business. I don't expect them to purchase from me anymore than an asian ran store just because I'm black. Better yet, please DONT purchase from me just because I'm black. There is a double edged sword that comes with customers who buy from you based on that type of thing.

I do think it's kind of interesting that, from my experience, the level of bullsh*t black people will put up with from white and asian people is much more than with black businesses. That's very annoying, and that type of attitude (if present) makes it VERY undesirable to deal with black customers who act that way. Respect me. I will respect you...but respect my business. A black person has a small issue with a black owned business it's "this is why I don't do business with black people" a black person has a huge issue with a white owned business and they will still return.



Hmmm @ the first paragraph. I agree with the second. An Arab can ignore you when you speak to them and look over your head as he takes your money but people will just accept that as the way it is but let a negro do that and we will not be back. A black person pretty much has to be extra polite in business.

I will add that I have known an extra shady black cab driver who had me late to work after previously trying to holla at me. F*ck that old raggedy bastard to this day. I left a couple bad reviews on line because I was a faithful customer supporting his black ass.
Back to Top
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 19 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 45343
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

I do..because I am business owner myself. I support all small business as well. 

But sometimes...its simple changes that could really help us. 

Like have a functioning website. There's a cake lady who's cakes are AMAZING. I wanted to order a large cake for my brother's birthday and their website was horrible. A simple Shopify or BigCommerce site would be fine. 

Shipping cost...i just paid $10 in shipping to get some bath products shipped to me. (And we live in the same city)This girl has great all natural products that smell sooooo good! I love them but the market will never get $10 shipping on anything. 

Black owned Grill and Bar...the only problem..then DO NOT have a liquor license. Realllllllyyyyy?!?!?!  In in DOWNTOWN and really could be a great place to do. They have a stage, live band , the food is not my cup of tea but it'll work.... Its like dude that's your money maker, how could you NOT get a liquor licenses with a restaurant downtown.


I hate when small business try to play me with HIGH shipping charges I will and have bought the item somewhere else.
Back to Top
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 27 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 75696
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 3:45pm
There is a chain of gas stations/convenience stores/fried chicken takeout owned by Arabs called Brothers. I once asked my dad once if it was black owned because it was called Brothers. He said he no, blacks could never own anything like this because they would be getting robbed every night but they ain't gon try them Arabs like that.
Back to Top
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 07 2010
Location: US - Georgia
Status: Offline
Points: 13708
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 4:04pm
Shipping is expensive for all parties. I wont be absorbing any of those charges to have your stuff shipped to you. 

If you decide to make a $20.00 purchase on an item that requires a USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate box (which is now a whopping $11.30). That's your choice... I send my customers straight to USPS's website if they have complaints regarding shipping. 

Back to Top
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 26 2010
Location: inyomouf
Status: Offline
Points: 95289
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

Speaking from the other end of the spectrum....I don't like black customers who think they are doing me a favor by patronizing my business. I don't expect them to purchase from me anymore than an asian ran store just because I'm black. Better yet, please DONT purchase from me just because I'm black. There is a double edged sword that comes with customers who buy from you based on that type of thing.

I do think it's kind of interesting that, from my experience, the level of bullsh*t black people will put up with from white and asian people is much more than with black businesses. That's very annoying, and that type of attitude (if present) makes it VERY undesirable to deal with black customers who act that way. Respect me. I will respect you...but respect my business. A black person has a small issue with a black owned business it's "this is why I don't do business with black people" a black person has a huge issue with a white owned business and they will still return.


Hmm you're right about that statement. I have never said it before,but I hear it being said. But I disagree with your statement on not purchasing from a black business because it is black owned. Why not? People won't go into certain business because it is black owned why can't I do the opposite? Granted if your product and service is terrible then you can kick rocks. But what I have noticed about certain black business is that they will be a little lenient to black people. And that sometimes hurts them in the end. Just be a good and fair business person so no one can take advantage of your kindness.
Back to Top
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 19 2008
Location: in god's hand
Status: Offline
Points: 136161
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 4:26pm
I can never find one in my area . The banks stand for the other folks . I found one bss but they want to charge double .
Back to Top
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 27 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 75696
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I can never find one in my area . The banks stand for the other folks . I found one bss but they want to charge double .

LOL This reminds me of a documentary I heard of that explained how the Asians get special deals and contracts on the wholesale prices of black beauty goods in black neighborhoods which makes it really hard for a black person to own this type of business. It is an understandable conflict though. Sort of like Walmart vs local businesses. It's really a shame. I wish there was legislation that made it easier for a black person to own a business in a predominantly black neighborhood instead of giving all the loans and grants to foreigners that black people don't qualify for. 
Back to Top
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 17 2008
Location: Babylon
Status: Offline
Points: 143797
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 4:41pm
I've been improving this year lol. So far all the lipsticks, soaps and bath / body products I purchased this year were from black business owners. I know 2 fellow Hebrews that live in the south that grow they're own food/produce, but I haven't made a purchase yet lol.

I'm about to buy some all natural shampoo and conditioner from a sister that moved to Ghana.

Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down