Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How committed are you to supporting black business
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

How committed are you to supporting black business

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 3.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How committed are you to supporting black business
    Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 3:07pm
businesses?

Will you go out of your way to patronize a black owned business? Will you drive farther for the same thing or choose from a smaller selection?

When you have a need will you make an attempt to first find a black business that can fulfill this need?
Sponsored Links

thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 3:13pm
I would go out of my way travel a Black owned business if they had

1.What I need at a good price
2.A good/friendly attitude
3.Knowledge of the products they sell

It depends on how much time if Im going out of my way they better have a great selection no other stops to pick up stuff I couldn't find in the last store.
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 3:19pm
LoL which one of my haters one starred my shyt LOL Oh you...
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 3:20pm
i really dont know of many and the few times ive tried brick and mortar stores theyve made it difficult for one reason or another.  so go out of my way probably not.  i kinda feel like a fought the good fight and lost.

nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 3:21pm
I drive fat for a good product and customer service
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 3:26pm
I do support black businesses. However, I won't support any business, black, white, large or small that treats my money like it's trash. But whereas I will make an effort to tell a black business owner where they are going wrong and how to amend it, whether they want to hear it or not, I'll normally just show my ass if an "other" establishment treats me poorly.

Are you differentiating between businesses overall and franchisees? I always go to the Black operated Chick-fil-A whenever I'm in the DC area.

Edited by BeatriceBean - Apr 07 2014 at 3:29pm
Qualified View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Qualified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 3:29pm
I try, I really try but I find when I deal with my people, sometimes (often) something goes awry and Im left saying to self, "I knew I shouldn't have done it!" When they come in under the mark its so disappointing, because you go in wanting the transaction to go smoothly, but it turns left and its almost always like telling yourself "you told you so!" LOL
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 3:30pm
I do..because I am business owner myself. I support all small business as well. 

But sometimes...its simple changes that could really help us. 

Like have a functioning website. There's a cake lady who's cakes are AMAZING. I wanted to order a large cake for my brother's birthday and their website was horrible. A simple Shopify or BigCommerce site would be fine. 

Shipping cost...i just paid $10 in shipping to get some bath products shipped to me. (And we live in the same city)This girl has great all natural products that smell sooooo good! I love them but the market will never get $10 shipping on anything. 

Black owned Grill and Bar...the only problem..then DO NOT have a liquor license. Realllllllyyyyy?!?!?!  In in DOWNTOWN and really could be a great place to do. They have a stage, live band , the food is not my cup of tea but it'll work.... Its like dude that's your money maker, how could you NOT get a liquor licenses with a restaurant downtown.
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 3:31pm
Speaking from the other end of the spectrum....I don't like black customers who think they are doing me a favor by patronizing my business. I don't expect them to purchase from me anymore than an asian ran store just because I'm black. Better yet, please DONT purchase from me just because I'm black. There is a double edged sword that comes with customers who buy from you based on that type of thing.

I do think it's kind of interesting that, from my experience, the level of bullsh*t black people will put up with from white and asian people is much more than with black businesses. That's very annoying, and that type of attitude (if present) makes it VERY undesirable to deal with black customers who act that way. Respect me. I will respect you...but respect my business. A black person has a small issue with a black owned business it's "this is why I don't do business with black people" a black person has a huge issue with a white owned business and they will still return.

Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 3:32pm
I don't go out my way however, if the service is good and the price is right- ill frequent them

$45 gel manicures are getting out of control tho
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>