Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

How can you make dry hair soft again?

Post Reply Post Reply

Bootiful Cream

Author
Bosinse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosinse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How can you make dry hair soft again?
    Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 12:47pm
I ordered a yaki straight silk top unit from a chinese vendor back in late February. At the time the hair was pretty soft and flowy. I've worn it as my daily wig and it started to tangle in the back. so I gave it a bleach bath but it only worked for like a week. I have to brush it a lot to keep it from being tangled. Now the wig feels like straw and so dry. I don't really use product on it just water.

Are there any products I could use that would make it feel soft? It is a nicely constructed wig with minimal shedding despite my constant brushing. But the tangles and dryness make it so that I've started wearing other wigs.
Sponsored Links

Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 1:39pm

I can tell you that brushing the unit is not a good idea unless you are using one of those wig brushes ... I forget the name now.. but a regular brush is a no no. Then you need to always use a wide tooth comb to comb it out .. but using your fingers if you can.  The less friction you cause with tools .. the better.

For the dryness - this is a very, very common problem with these units - this will cause them to die. The problem is the hair is not growing out of our scalps so there are no natural oils being produced to nourish the hair. It kind of 'starves'  after a while so you need give it something.

You need to use a deep conditioner that you place in a baggy and zap in the microwave. Do this once a week, then rinse completely and use some sort of light daily conditioner.

I use the Mixed Chicks deep conditioner (best stuff I have ever used) and their daily conditioner - but I wear kinky/afro/curly units which really love these products.

I used use the Silicon Mix deep conditioner and products - which also work very, very well. The only thing I don't like about this deep conditioner is that you have to rinse A LOT to get the product out.

So moisture is the answer to the common dry unit problem. The secondary cause is not rinsing enough and leave product in your hair that is meant to be rinse out. That's causes a buildup and dries out the units too.

betyboop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote betyboop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 9:26pm
try using "IT's a 10" leave in cond spray, sold at Ulta, it's great stuff
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply