Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

how can you be religious if you cant read

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

And do you feel that you almost NEVER agree with me most of the time? It's funny because I don't feel that way about your posts. We have butted heads in the past, for sure, but I can't even claim that I mostly disagree with your viewpoints. I've just been very vocal when I do LOL
The bolded, but vice versa. As most of the interaction I've had with you (from my pov) is contrary. Not negative (as it's usually constructive-- Kim K's pregnancy aside), just contrary.

Then again, it could be skewed because I'd be more likely to remember your more vocal moments.

Damn just when I was gonna say nature was bringing people together. Never mind. Misunderstanding. Carry on.

The funny thing is that the vice versa part doesn't really hold true on my end. There are lots of things I agree with you on, actually. I probably just never outright co-signed and just clicked on the thanks button. But yeah, I do remember the times we butted heads. I can remember instances where I felt you were being ignorant or straight up judgmental (just being honest, not looking for a fight). I also remember instances where your statements were sound (your views on some women's issues, for instance). But you're just too tight with Afro, that alone is suspect in my mind LOL
Sponsored Links

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 9:04pm

No, I did not study Islam in a university setting. But I did have a long term Muslim boyfriend and I did partially read the Koran. Actual every day muslims do incorporate certain prescriptions of the Koran and certain sets of values in their every day life. In fact, most of the non-western world has this approach towards their respective spiritual beliefs. Same thing goes with some african spiritual beliefs. Western approach to spirituality is not the end all/be all. Stoning doesn't have a damn thing to do with anything. You're thinking in extremes.

LOLI'm done Jolie.  You proved what exactly what I was saying by dating a Muslim.  Did y'all smash?  Cause that ain't allowed in Islam no wheres.

I'm speaking in extremes but you went from All Muslims, and every aspect to some do to most religions do the same to having Muslim boyfriends.  I love you because you always end up saying exactly the same thing I'm saying while arguing about it like we're saying something different LOL
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 9:04pm
cool! thanks Jolie sometimes it gets weird on here when every-time you make a thread (so and so has to put the their - two cents) because they want so bad to be seen as intelligent... so they insult you with little digs and sometimes blatant disrespect! I don't come here for that! but I try and ignore I think we need to start treating each other better
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Because your last line made me wake up my daughter laughing . Cry You know i love me some Kfoxx . Heart 

Heart you too ms india!  You're the only Christian who understands me and accepts me for who I amCry...LOL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

No, I did not study Islam in a university setting. But I did have a long term Muslim boyfriend and I did partially read the Koran. Actual every day muslims do incorporate certain prescriptions of the Koran and certain sets of values in their every day life. In fact, most of the non-western world has this approach towards their respective spiritual beliefs. Same thing goes with some african spiritual beliefs. Western approach to spirituality is not the end all/be all. Stoning doesn't have a damn thing to do with anything. You're thinking in extremes.

LOLI'm done Jolie.  You proved what exactly what I was saying by dating a Muslim.  Did y'all smash?  Cause that ain't allowed in Islam no wheres.

I'm speaking in extremes but you went from All Muslims, and every aspect to some do to most religions do the same to having Muslim boyfriends.  I love you because you always end up saying exactly the same thing I'm saying while arguing about it like we're saying something different LOL

Damn those posting errors... Girl, you are confused LOL. I only mentioned my ex to illustrate that I did know a few things about Islam, not to make him the poster boy for all muslims. And yes, we did smash, btw. Frequently. LOL You have an issue with nuance. I'm trying to tell you that most non-western cultures do not view spirituality as something separate from their daily lives that must be only practiced on sunday and right away, your mind goes to stoning. Like what the hell? My ex was a regular dude, not an Al-Qaeda operative. He didn't have his butt in the air from sunset to sundown but he did have certain values and ways of thinking that were informed by his muslim upbringing. I don,t see what's so difficult to understand about that. The way spirituality is approached in the western world is NOT the norm. You seem to think that all that spirituality has to offer is 100% bad. When spirituality keeps a lot of people going and sometimes acts as a buffer against destructive instincts. For someone who studied religiion in a university setting, you're being mighty one dimensional. Just sayin.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - May 05 2014 at 9:17pm
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 9:15pm
I wouldn't know what to do if religious people followed the old abrahamic laws. That would be hell on earth.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 9:16pm

You have an issue with nuance.

"Hello Kettle!  My name is Pot" LOLLOLCryCryLOLLOL

Edited by kfoxx1998 - May 05 2014 at 9:22pm
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

I wouldn't know what to do if religious people followed the old abrahamic laws. That would be hell on earth.

Actually it would only be that way for females and minorities which is pretty much how it is now so....

Edited by kfoxx1998 - May 05 2014 at 9:19pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

You have an issue with nuance.

Hello Kettle!  My name is Pot LOLLOLCryCryLOLLOL

Okay... You're the one who keeps harping on and on about the evils of religious beliefs whenever a religious thread arises though (along with a few other fonts). So yes, I will interpret this as an inability to compose with nuance. You probably don't realize it but you sound like a proponent of western supremacy half the time. That you can't see that throughout history, spirituality has been necessary for mental equilibrium is confounding to me. I'm  not asking you to be a believer of anything in particular, just objective.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - May 05 2014 at 9:24pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

Guess what. Most sane people (and yes, that includes the spiritual ones) think the same. So what's your point? Extremism of any kind is never a good thing.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic