BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

how can you be religious if you cant read

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 8:37pm
this thread would be sooo much better if the posting order wasn't so out of wack.  I'm reading and going "when did such and such say that?"--only to find it 5 posts later.

Edited by Tbaby - May 05 2014 at 8:37pm
Sponsored Links

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

We need to start giving out awards for the most thought provoking threads! I know I am not appreciated by some but for those of you that do. I thank you!!
Some of you ladies are so controversial...

Some people dislike you on here? Didn't know this. I don't, for the record. But then again, some people dislike me too and I don't really care. It's a fine topic and there's nothing wrong with stating your opinion.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Islam is not lived in separation from the rest of their lives, from the little I do know of it. It's intertwined in everything they do. The Koran has prescriptions for every aspect of life and that's the problem with it.

I was only responding to these statements.

Islam is absolutely lived in separation from the rest of their lives for the majority of Muslims
Islam in not intertwined in everything they do
The Quran, Torah and New Testament all have prescriptions for every aspect of life.  Hoes are supposed to be stoned in Christianity too but most Christians and Muslims don't actually do it or agree with it.

I was actually just trying to share details about some common misconceptions as expressed.  I studied Islam in a University setting (not in practice) but I didn't find any evidence that Islam is different overall from most other religions.  Lots of slackers like Sunday Christians. 
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

LOL Hilarious Thread title.  Ion the answer tho.  I'm still trying to figure out how you can be religious if you CAN read. 
You are banned from the topic. I miss your post . LOLLOLLOLCry Nature people can hear the word and believe . Short answer.  Smile Terriost are simply devils that use religion for evil .

Miss india why you kickin me out of the thread on the first page thoCry....LOL
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 8:45pm

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Kfoxx....now you know that was shady as hellLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLCryCryCry

LOLunh unh.  The Torah, The Bible and the Quran are are hot mess.  Did y'all read them?  I'm for real wondering because Yahweh, Jesus, Mohammed and Abraham and nem be acting up! 

There isn't a religion/spiritual belief system on earth that doesn't have some crazy in it
. The problem is that you can't recognize that there is any good in it as well (I'm inferring this from previous comments you've made on this board. So if I'm wrong, do set me straight). A lot of atheists are extremists as well, in my view.

This is because crazy people can be found everywhere... religious or not
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 8:49pm

Islam is not lived in separation from the rest of their lives, from the little I do know of it. It's intertwined in everything they do. The Koran has prescriptions for every aspect of life and that's the problem with it.

I was only responding to these statements.

Islam is absolutely lived in separation from the rest of their lives for the majority of Muslims
Islam in not intertwined in everything they do
The Quran, Torah and New Testament all have prescriptions for every aspect of life.  Hoes are supposed to be stoned in Christianity too but most Christians and Muslims don't actually do it or agree with it.

I was actually just trying to share details about some common misconceptions as expressed.  I studied Islam in a University setting (not in practice) but I didn't find any evidence that Islam is different overall from most other religions.  Lots of slackers like Sunday Christians. 

No, I did not study Islam in a university setting. But I did have a long term Muslim boyfriend and I did partially read the Koran. Actual every day muslims do incorporate certain prescriptions of the Koran and certain sets of values in their every day life. In fact, most of the non-western world has this approach towards their respective spiritual beliefs. Same thing goes with some african spiritual beliefs. Western approach to spirituality is not the end all/be all. Stoning doesn't have a damn thing to do with anything. You're thinking in extremes.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Kfoxx....now you know that was shady as hellLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLCryCryCry

LOLunh unh.  The Torah, The Bible and the Quran are are hot mess.  Did y'all read them?  I'm for real wondering because Yahweh, Jesus, Mohammed and Abraham and nem be acting up! 

There isn't a religion/spiritual belief system on earth that doesn't have some crazy in it
. The problem is that you can't recognize that there is any good in it as well (I'm inferring this from previous comments you've made on this board. So if I'm wrong, do set me straight). A lot of atheists are extremists as well, in my view.

This is because crazy people can be found everywhere... religious or not

Agreed. And religion is not exempt. Nor is religion exempt from sound moral guidance.
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 8:56pm
I realized most people need to be silent on issues of religion if they haven't studied religion heavily and the cultural practices of those people. It's like talking about nuclear energy when you know you haven't invested any time in it except read one book. 

Anyway, Islam does have it's violence and it's cruelty you cannot lie about that. People fight over if the new testament supersedes the old testament and etc. It's all up to interpretation. And if you never read the religion or studied it, then you really need to shut up aka Boko Haram. How can you be a religious group and never read the religious books????? You are suppose to know it by heart and in Aramaic. Foolishness, they just want their "fleshly" desires to be actualized.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 8:57pm

Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

LOL Hilarious Thread title.  Ion the answer tho.  I'm still trying to figure out how you can be religious if you CAN read. 
You are banned from the topic. I miss your post . LOLLOLLOLCry Nature people can hear the word and believe . Short answer.  Smile Terriost are simply devils that use religion for evil .

Miss india why you kickin me out of the thread on the first page thoCry....LOL
Because your last line made me wake up my daughter laughing . Cry You know i love me some Kfoxx . Heart 

Edited by india100 - May 05 2014 at 9:00pm
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 8:59pm

There isn't a religion/spiritual belief system on earth that doesn't have some crazy in it. The problem is that you can't recognize that there is any good in it as well (I'm inferring this from previous comments you've made on this board. So if I'm wrong, do set me straight). A lot of atheists are extremists as well, in my view.

Yeah you're kind of wrong but that's okay.  I am a very big fan of religion but knowing what I know there really is more bad.  In general it would be a lot worse if people really knew the material and followed it "religiously".  The fact that I am extremely concerned that it is often used to hurt others doesn't make me an extremist.   I think its important to be honest but I have done that over and over again in a respectful way.   I respect the religious people but I cannot respect many aspects of the belief systems because I find them both false and immoral.   IMO if Abrahamists behave according to their own books they would be allowed to be both extremely benevolent and extremely inhumane.  Certain religions allow for both.

I'm not here for all of that though.  I think the community that goes along with church, mosque and synogauge is a very good thing.  The rest, not so much.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>