Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Products > Hair Gels, Oils, etc.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

How can i get rid of dandruff in my hair??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
missqueenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missqueenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How can i get rid of dandruff in my hair??
    Posted: May 31 2010 at 1:08pm
I always had dandruff since I was younger...wondered if anyone knows any tricks or tips on that...thanks
Sponsored Links

Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2010 at 1:06pm
i know head a shoulders works
TWisMine79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWisMine79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 12:15am
Try a shampoo with tea tree oil in it. Or massage your scalp with tee tree oil.
nikpoo59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikpoo59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2010 at 10:09pm

You need to definitely shampoo with Head & Shoulders Dandruff shampoo(many diff't types to choose from). If you do plan on using gel on you hair I would use Eco Styler Pure Olive Oil Gel which doesn't make the hair flaky or with dandruff. This is the first gel that I've used that didn't make my hair have dandruff. I would do hot oil treatments in your hair to rid of dandruff which is caused by dry hair. You need to always have hair moisturized and AVOID products with ingredients such as: Petroleum, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, and Alcohol because they make the hair Prone to breakage/split ends and can clog the scalp pores and prevent hair from growing.

GreenGiant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenGiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2010 at 6:34pm
I know ppl are against mineral oil products, but somehow sulfur8 keeps my hair dandruff free like a charm, and I still average 3/4 inches per month.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2010 at 7:20pm
When you use dandruff shampoo, let the shampoo sit in your hair for 10 to 15 minutes then rinse as you normally do.  That is what I heard a dermatologist recommended for a caller.  I forgot the name of the derm but she is highly regarded.

un4getableview View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote un4getableview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2010 at 8:54pm
sulfur 8 works on my scalp as well... i also had BT (boundless tresses) and i was noticing that my scalp waasnt dry or flaking... soooo i did some research on dry scalp and found out it was the sulf helping me out. so a sulfur based oil and product should def help. tea tree oil is a plus also
hallibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hallibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2010 at 11:40pm
bump
Im_A_Diva View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Im_A_Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2010 at 9:37pm
I use Neutrogena T-Gel, and yes you let the suds sit for a few minutes while showering then rinse.
NaturalReview View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaturalReview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2010 at 7:47am
Try a monthly  apple cider vinegar rinse. You can mix two tbs. in one cup of water.  Here's another recipe:
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic