Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Beauty Tips > Makeup Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedHow can I get Flawless skin and Makeup?????

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Totallycool View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: How can I get Flawless skin and Makeup?????
    Posted: Aug 29 2009 at 10:47am
Now I work on alot of movie sets and EVERY actor has FLAWLESS skin. I know they have a makeup artist, but these people also are blemish free, and the makeup they wear never sweats off, lor ooks shinny. It doesnt even look like they are wearing makeup.

How can I get BLEMISH-FEE SKIN, I have oily skin and dark spots from breakouts, also my "mustach area" tanned more and never goes away so I have to wear concealer.

HOW can I get my makeup to look FLAWLESS. Generally, Im great with makeup. I know how to make it look very natural, but with hot lights, weather, etc It sweats off gets oily and shiny or fades. Plus it looks a tad bit like makeup not perfect skin. I use covergirl or mabeline. Should I invest in MAC or another brand? I have medium brown skin, as an african american, so I notice some brands dont have my color. Also is there a place that sells water proof makeup in my color? Thanks!

If you know of any books, online websites, tuturials, etc. please feel free to mention, THNX!
Sponsored Links

RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2009 at 2:32pm
chemical peels might help for the dark areas ....

what color are you??

Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2009 at 5:49pm
hmmmm
I don't even know where to begin, I have so many suggestions

Edited by Derri - Aug 29 2009 at 5:50pm
yourleoqueen View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2009 at 6:27pm
What's your skin care regi like? Try microdermabrasion or chemical peels to clear up your skin and fade the dark spots.

There are some pro products that MUA use on their celebrity clients before applying their MU to keep face perspiration at bay. Likewise there are fixative and setting sprays used after the MU is done to lock it in place. I wouldn't recommend either of those for everyday use though.

Revlon ColorStay is a great MU that stays put through just about everything.
Also tools matter! Use quality brushes. Quality, not expensive. HIH!

Totallycool View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2009 at 7:41pm
im Zoe Zaldanas color, give or take some pigment acording to the season. I am using mederma and microdermabration and it helps the darkspots but not the mustache area!
RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2009 at 10:25pm
Maybelline's Stay Put Minerals is pretty good - they really don't budge LoL .... my only qualm with drug store make up is that they swear black women only come in 4 shades ..... sometimes you have to mix foundations together to get the perfect match

Papaya soap is good for skin brightening
Chi_town75 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2009 at 1:38am
i have the same mustache issue (have since i was a kid...hate it). but i use lemon juice to lighten the area n sunscreen to keep it from coming back. also use chemical peels. they help a lot and dont ignore ur diet and vitamins, they play a huge role too mama. hope that helps. also, go to the dark spots section of bhm for more info on the lemon juice. 
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2009 at 5:07am
try cocoa butter on the mustache area to fade the mark quickly

Edited by Derri - Aug 31 2009 at 5:07am
Arielle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2009 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Totallycool Totallycool wrote:

im Zoe Zaldanas color, give or take some pigment acording to the season. I am using mederma and microdermabration and it helps the darkspots but not the mustache area!

Do you wax your upper lip area?  It may help to get rid of the hair that causes the shadow.  And Veet/shaving does you no good because the roots are still there.

I had to stop doing this regimen for a while because I've been in the sun a lot this month, but what really helps me get the nice, unclogged and buttery skin is:

1. Once a month, do a gycolic acid peel.  I buy the 50% or 70% bottles, and dilute it myself to 30%.  Save yourself money, buy concentrated.

2. Once a day, every day, I take a very soft dry toothbrush, and I scrub my face and neck all over.  You will feel the immediate difference before and after.

3. Every day I use Retin-A around my eyes, and around the lips, and on my neck.  I can't put it on right before bed because it always ends up in my eyes.  But I will do it under my makeup for the day.  I don't wear too much foundation anyway, and I cover up with sunblock.

4.  I don't usually use soaps or detergents of any kind to cleanse my face.  I use the OCM.  To remove makeup, I just use EVOO I have in my kitchen.
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2009 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Totallycool Totallycool wrote:

Should I invest in MAC or another brand? I have medium brown skin, as an african american, so I notice some brands dont have my color. Also is there a place that sells water proof makeup in my color? Thanks!

You'll be shocked at the wonders of Revlon Colourstay Foundation..this thing stays on through my sweaty 2 hour workouts..the colour stay true and the makeup stays fresh all day and there is no running. Doesnt rub off and doesnt get pasty-looking, even if you sweat. Its simply amazing. Water proof, sweat proof, the works. Doesnt feel like youre wearing anything. Just US$13 per bottle and its like a dream! Give it a try.
they also have a very wide colour range to choose from.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic