Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How Al Sharpton and Michael Eric Dyson USED Blacks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How Al Sharpton and Michael Eric Dyson USED Blacks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Midwest_Da_Gawd View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midwest_Da_Gawd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

MM didn't you get enough yesterday *today at the barbershop?

No.
Sponsored Links

Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Midwest_Da_Gawd Midwest_Da_Gawd wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

this is not a good article.  i guess anyone can be a journalist in 2012. i look forward to reading an article written by MM one day and laughing as well.

Why not??
this is the summary

Now we are all left hoping and wishing that, for the sake of his legacy, President Obama doesn’t forget about us during his second term. The smart thing to do would’ve been to secure something, such as legislation to reduce black unemployment or mass incarceration, before the election, but we weren’t smart. We were tribal.

To put it plainly, the black community got screwed by trusting two men who were never honest brokers in the political game they were playing. These men selfishly took advantage of their proximity to power, and successfully used it as leverage for their personal brands, at the expense of the black community at large.

Listen black people: Nobody cares about us. Not even the people who were hired to care about us care about us. My advice? F*ck ‘em. And I don’t just mean f*ck ‘em right now, I mean f*ck ‘em forever.

Al Sharpton’s nothing more than an old guy with a bad perm. And Dyson’s just a smart guy who talks too fast. Who cares. Ask yourself, for once, what do you want? What would you like to see President Obama do for black people? Put yourself and your family first. Then fight for that, no matter what. And if you find somebody with a platform who shares your view, all the better.

But being loyal to people who aren’t loyal to you will get you nowhere. You don’t need Sharpton or Dyson to tell you what to do or think. You only need courage to stand up for yourself and the people you love

ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 6:48pm
Well, I don't listen to anything from Al Sharpton and I don't know who this Dyson feller is so....
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midwest_Da_Gawd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

this is not a good article.  i guess anyone can be a journalist in 2012. i look forward to reading an article written by MM one day and laughing as well.

Why not??
this is the summary

Now we are all left hoping and wishing that, for the sake of his legacy, President Obama doesn’t forget about us during his second term. The smart thing to do would’ve been to secure something, such as legislation to reduce black unemployment or mass incarceration, before the election, but we weren’t smart. We were tribal.

To put it plainly, the black community got screwed by trusting two men who were never honest brokers in the political game they were playing. These men selfishly took advantage of their proximity to power, and successfully used it as leverage for their personal brands, at the expense of the black community at large.

Listen black people: Nobody cares about us. Not even the people who were hired to care about us care about us. My advice? F*ck ‘em. And I don’t just mean f*ck ‘em right now, I mean f*ck ‘em forever.

Al Sharpton’s nothing more than an old guy with a bad perm. And Dyson’s just a smart guy who talks too fast. Who cares. Ask yourself, for once, what do you want? What would you like to see President Obama do for black people? Put yourself and your family first. Then fight for that, no matter what. And if you find somebody with a platform who shares your view, all the better.

But being loyal to people who aren’t loyal to you will get you nowhere. You don’t need Sharpton or Dyson to tell you what to do or think. You only need courage to stand up for yourself and the people you love

How in f*ck's name does that make this article bad?

Edited by Midwest_Da_Gawd - Nov 16 2012 at 6:49pm
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 6:52pm
oh please LOLLOLLOL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midwest_Da_Gawd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 6:55pm
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 6:56pm
The author is trying to convince us that Barack, Al, & Michael amongst others, dont give a fucc about us.  That is so far from the truth.  The proof is in the pudding these men & many other blks have done NUMEROUS things for the black community & continue to make strides for us everyday.  How anyone can say nobody cares about blacks is beyond me.  From a show like Save our Son to Steve Harvey Mentoring weekend, to the Trayvon rallies... People  care, they've been caring & never stopped
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 6:56pm
so this is what you gonna do now?  heckle from the sidelines by posting drab articles you found on the interwebs????  *yawn*
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 6:57pm

Why not??

I don't believe the premise that Sharpton and Dyson "coddled" the black community and voters in order for Obama to receive votes he supposedly didn't need, which he did.

Now Sharpton is a lot things...and a lot of nothing at the same damn time, but this article isn't believable.  It's all conjecture and opinion.

this article is saying nobody cares about blacks...but im supposed to believe the author cares enough to try to "learn me" something?LOL

Edited by EPITOME - Nov 16 2012 at 6:59pm
dijah.love View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dijah.love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 6:59pm
Dyson is the homie.

Personally, I think folks like Cornel West and Tavis Smiley are upset because, despite Dyson and Sharpton's accusations of the president not working towards the black agenda early in the term, they understand that it isn't his only agenda. West and Smiley are trying to get one agenda across and will refer to Obama as a "republican in black face" because their interests w/ blacks and poverty are not at the top of the list.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic