BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Care - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hot oil treatment then cowash?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
rayray094life View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayray094life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hot oil treatment then cowash?
    Posted: Oct 27 2011 at 2:18pm
Can I do this? Would it be okay to do a hot oil treatment and then cowash it after? Or would you recommend doing a cowash and then deep condition? Or just a shampoo and deep condition? protein treatment?

Basically I havent given my hair any treatment in a while besides cowashes and relaxing it so I'm just trying to get advice on what would be the best thing to do lol

I also plan on straightening my hair with a flat iron, using heat protectant of course.

Sponsored Links

yahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2011 at 8:20am
Now I'm thinking on my wash day I go over board because I do all of them. Every week I prepoo, co-wash, shampoo, or use my indian powders, then do a moderate or mild protein treatment, then follow up with a deep conditioner. And somewhere in there I sometimes oil rinse.

Flat irons are okay if you don't use them often, but I'd recommend using a hooded dryer if you have one.
bunnie21300 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunnie21300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2011 at 6:25pm

Well I would recommend deep conditioning on dry hair then co washing afterwards. and if you want you could mix equal portions of your moisture and protein deep conditioners to save time. I was told this is safe by many hair experts and women on other forums and blogs said it did no damage to their hair at all

hthSmile
bunnie21300 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunnie21300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2011 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by bunnie21300 bunnie21300 wrote:

Well I would recommend deep conditioning on dry hair then co washing afterwards. and if you want you could mix equal portions of your moisture and protein deep conditioners to save time. I was told this is safe by many hair experts and women on other forums and blogs said it did no damage to their hair at all

hthSmile
also you could mix what ever oils you put in your hair for your hot oil treatment into your deep conditioner so it will be like a 2 in oneSmile
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2011 at 6:58pm
Is your hair really that dry to do a hot oil treatment then a cowash?  If so, by all means give it a try.  I usually do a hot oil treatment pre poo, shampoo, then a deep conditioning treatment.  
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply