Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Hot Glue on U-Part???

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
SeattleShaVonne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleShaVonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hot Glue on U-Part???
    Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 5:04pm
Hello Ladies

So my hair is on it's way. I am attempting to do my first U-Part with a closure. I seen some videos on youtube about hot glueing tracks to the cap... My question is how well does the hot glue hold up (Is it semi permanent until I pull the tracks off or use some type of clue remover) If I needed to redo the unit will the tracks even come off and still be in tact?

I am thinking of hot glue bcus it just seems easier and faster than sewing. My assumption could be way off! Please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks
Sponsored Links

l2eVitalize View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote l2eVitalize Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 5:20pm
It'll hold for a while. Imo it should last for a loooong
Time, as long as your not rough with it.
I'm talking about a year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleShaVonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 5:53pm
Good! Thanks for your feedback.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2013 at 8:30pm
I have glued tracks around my leave out area and underneath my cap (to hide the edges) & haven't had any issues. I don't think there is any glue remover for glue gun glue (I googled) I did read some where that fusion glue is a good alternative because it's colored.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2013 at 8:34pm
I read some where that Windex removed the glue. I know that reheating the glue with the tip of the glue gun and scratching it off when it's tacky will get most of it off.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleShaVonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2013 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

I read some where that Windex removed the glue. I know that reheating the glue with the tip of the glue gun and scratching it off when it's tacky will get most of it off.

Ok, I actually just wanted to make sure the tracks didn't fall off if I used the hot glue. So this should be a good method for me.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic