Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Hospital Forces Woman on Life Support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

If you respect her right to life, you also better respect her right to die in a dignified matter.
The family's lawyers aren't psychic, which means that there were medical procedures done to determine what condition the fetus was in. 

I know that after working as a nurse for many years . Like Tbaby said , the hospital can't speak on the babies health . The husband hired independent people to come to that conclusion . I saw a panel talk tonight about a Doctor that plans to tell the truth either way behind a black screen . I will remain skeptical of that husband . JMO

Edited by india100 - Jan 24 2014 at 11:34pm
Sponsored Links

JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 11:31pm
Her body was literally breaking down.  This case really bothered me because it was so incredibly grotesque.  I can understand a husband not wanting to watch his wife practically decay right before his eyes, especially against her wishes.  Even her family knew what she wanted.  There were no arguments from the people who probably knew her best.  Her father said she felt like a mannequin when he touched her.  I can't imagine going through that. 
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 12:13am
Saw on local Houston news that the hospital has until Monday 5 pm to remove her from life support, however, the hospital planned on filing an appeal.

Talks of getting an attorney (guardian ad liteum) for the fetus. This is going to be interesting as to how it pans out.

eta: Also, how long was the wife on life support before the husband/family decided to respect her wishes?

Where in the article does it states that he immediately said take her off or that he waited 3 days before saying take her off? I am just curios at to the timeframe when he indicated he wanted to respect his wife's wished and have her removed?   

Edited by QueenBee - Jan 25 2014 at 12:15am
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 5:26am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

I know it wasn't considered but I wonder if the fact that the fetus was recently found to be severely deformed had any effect on the ruling.

U know that's what is was.  Ain't nobody in Texas have a change of heart because it was the right thing.
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 8:28am
Why are some saying the hubs tried to murder the wife when this happened? Is there some back history?
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 9:03am
Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

Her body was literally breaking down.  This case really bothered me because it was so incredibly grotesque.  I can understand a husband not wanting to watch his wife practically decay right before his eyes, especially against her wishes.  Even her family knew what she wanted.  There were no arguments from the people who probably knew her best.  Her father said she felt like a mannequin when he touched her.  I can't imagine going through that. 

same here...this was just disgusting...how can you be pro life but disregard the life of the human carrier?  there is something incredibly dark about keeping a dead body alive for months to birth something living.  if i were a part of that family i would be consumed in nightmares.  they should've let Jesus take the wheel.
purple.chuckz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple.chuckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 9:12am
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

If you respect her right to life, you also better respect her right to die in a dignified matter.
The family's lawyers aren't psychic, which means that there were medical procedures done to determine what condition the fetus was in. 

I know that after working as a nurse for many years . Like Tbaby said , the hospital can't speak on the babies health . The husband hired independent people to come to that conclusion . I saw a panel talk tonight about a Doctor that plans to tell the truth either way behind a black screen . I will remain skeptical of that husband . JMO

HIPAA applies in a court of law? They may not be able to talk to the media, but they certainly can talk to the judge. 

A covered health care provider or health plan may disclose protected health information required by a court order, including the order of an administrative tribunal. However, the provider or plan may only disclose the information specifically described in the order. 

A subpoena issued by someone other than a judge, such as a court clerk or an attorney in a case, is different from a court order.  A covered provider or plan may disclose information to a party issuing a subpoena only if the notification requirements of the Privacy Rule are met.  Before the covered entity may respond to the subpoena, the Rule requires that it receive evidence that reasonable efforts were made to either:

• notify the person who is the subject of the information about the request, so the person has a chance to object to the disclosure, or to
  • seek a qualified protective order for the information from the court.
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 11:52am
14 Weeks...let that go.
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 12:39pm
This thread just reminded me that life's not fair. 

I really hope there is an afterlife

R.I.P  to the woman!
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

same here...this was just disgusting...how can you be pro life but disregard the life of the human carrier?  there is something incredibly dark about keeping a dead body alive for months to birth something living.  if i were a part of that family i would be consumed in nightmares.  they should've let Jesus take the wheel.
IA...

Literally they would have been visiting a corpse... poor fam!Cry
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon