Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Horse hair...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
LynnNyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LynnNyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 7:33pm
camel Hair:
Sponsored Links

LynnNyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LynnNyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 7:49pm
camel and animal yak:

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 9:33am
Originally posted by LynnNyc LynnNyc wrote:

NJ, perm it? no I thought it would melt if I put perm on it. I had only bought it at that time to see what it looked like. I never used it, didn't want to put it on my head, I might start spitting like a camel, lol.

Thanks for posting the pix, Lynn. I'll bet that is is very sturdy but so sturdy that it would take forever to even slightly take a perm. Did the hair have a very strong animal odor?
LynnNyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LynnNyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 11:07am
No smell at all, very clean hair. Better than stank feet, corn chip smelling Aliexpress hair. I did not perm it, or do anything to the hair, other than I did take a small piece of the camel to flat iron, it looked just like press relaxed. It did not burn or melt. The hair remained in the bundles as it was not purchased to be used other than for demo/comparison to human hair. The company I purchased from caters to doll wigs, clown wigs or theatrical type wigs where human hair is too costly and not needed.
london View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote london Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 3:50pm
I have a question LynnNYC
 in your opinion would this Camel hair be a great cheap alternative for real hair when I am ventilating a full lace wig for the first time?
 I ask because i dont want to spend a lot of money on 100% human hair.. or should i say "100% human hair" just to mess it up... so thinking of a cheap alternative to human hair but not as plasticy as synthetic hair...

Opinions from anyone else is welcome of course i was just wondering as LynnNYC has rthe camel hair which she said looked like press relaxed hair.

LynnNyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LynnNyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 4:32pm
London, I honestly cannot answer that question. I've had the hair since I believe 2009 and it is still as you see it, tied in bundles. Never used. I only bought it for show and tell for students to compare animal hair to human hair. I only flat ironed a piece to see if it would disintegrate and it did not.

The camel is very soft, like cotton candy, and I do not think it would hold a style because hair needs to have a bit of swing/movement. Ventilating takes a lot of time. I've gotten very fast over the years, but still I do not want to spend a lot of time doing a full wig only to find out the hair does not behave well. Maybe if you did something small first, like a very small closure piece.

Not sure on the pricing now; you can practice ventilating with BSS store hair, Milky Way or something and just ventilate some squares, don't start a project yet until your knotting is clean and tight. Then do a closure and then try a wig. You may get too frustrated doing a wig your first project as it seems the end is never near, lol. I don't suggest it for new ventilators, start small.
london View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote london Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 4:47pm
Hey LynnNYC
Thank you so much fr your reply and taking the time to address my dilema in such an indepth manner.

I have done some ventilating before and really enjoyed it, i dont have a hobby and hoping that this will be it, unfortunately i dont wear weaves at the moment so making a closure would sit for ages unless i sold it to order. I will definately take your advice regarding the use of BSS bulk hair. just hate that stores are charging in the UK

for decent 18-22 length hair near enough the equivalent of 70-80usd. If it takes around 2 packs 200grams to creat a full unit i feel a bit cheated paying that for BSS hair :(

I will take your advice to maybe do a few squares first, i dont intend on opening up a business or selling them just for my own use really because then i can ventilate at my leisure :)

If you have any other advice i would really appreciate keeping in touch, if you are too busy thats ok, if not just PM me to let me know you are happy to stay in touch or not :)

I wont bombard you with questions as i am pretty resourceful and have managed to get a a fair amount of stuff about wig making and videos professional industry manuals etc.. online but could do with a buddy who understands ventilating and just likes talking hair every now and then as I cant find anyone in the UK ( you may have seen my post, had one reply but nothing since)

either way

Thanks for taking the time to advise me and I have taken your advice and suggestions onboard :)

LynnNyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LynnNyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 10:52am
No problem, London.  You can't find anyone in the UK?  UK is the mecca of wigmaking.  I was actually going to take courses there before I was fortunate enough to find my mentor here in the States.  PM when you wish.
pepsi25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2014 at 1:53pm
HA! According to my Indian Vendor I just spoke with Weds! Chinese Vendors do mix village and street Indian hair with Horse hair and synthectic fibers and then chemically treat the hair and package it as Virgin Remy and sell it to us! He said you can buy the animal hair from Trade Key #bow
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic