BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Horrible False Eyelashes Experience

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Afrocentchic View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Afrocentchic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 11:25am
I haven't had a problem with faslies but that doesn't mean I haven't tempted fate.
A lot of these nail shops and black beauty salons use black bonding/weaving glue. I've gotten them done and they were on deck for a week and half. BUT I couldn't clean them adequately. I'm lucky I didn't end up with an eye infection.
Sponsored Links

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 12:26pm
Horror stories every time I got lashes done. I tried 2 different locations just to test and I think I'm just not equipped for it. My natural eyelashes are bare to none and are already short. I also have the type of eyelashes that flip upside down and stick me in the eye...Yeah I know issues. Sometimes I get upset and want to pluck them all off because of the irritation of them sticking my eye ball.

So I said let me go and get them done. The weave shop was having a special one time at the location off of memorial drive for $10 on individuals. I went in, got them done and I thought I looked Luxurious. Batting my eyes every time I left the house. They used some kinda glue that had the eyelashes stuck for 2 months!!! I looked like a straight up fool with parts of the eyelash still on and other parts missing. It would've been nice for the parts that were missing to be at the ends but NOOOOOOOO the missing parts wanna be in the middle, with full individuals at the ends.Cry . I tried everything to get them off finally I couldn't take it and just yanked them off.

2nd time I got strips done at the nail salon. It looked nice but that last coat of glue or what ever they used was shinny as heck. It was some type of black bond that was super shiny like....remember when you were small and you made key chains(ex.cobra, or chinese stair case) out of lanyard. Imagine 2 strips of that black lanyard on my eyelashes. No maam it wasn't cute!!!

Edited by sugabanana - Nov 05 2012 at 1:00pm
Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Yardgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by bubblyboo bubblyboo wrote:

Girrrrrllll. I hate individuals. If not done properly they're too densely packed and look soooooo unnatural. My mom calls them rugs lol. They are disgusting. Best most natural looking lashes are red cherry 747 xs or 747 u. Perfect if your lashes aren't long or thick to begin with. And they're super lightweight.

I have the 747xs and I have to agree. I also have the 747S and the Demi Wispies but I haven't worn them yet. Can't wait to try the Demi Wispies, they look great in the package.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 12:57pm
Mascara with a conditoner will grow your lashes if you wear daily. I would never place glue on my eyelashes . The new Two part mascara with the white base works well for me also .

Edited by india100 - Nov 05 2012 at 12:58pm
YoursTruly View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote YoursTruly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 2:00pm
Most chicks I see with fake lashes look like Snuffaluffagus....Confused

Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 2:07pm
LOL
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by YoursTruly YoursTruly wrote:

Most chicks I see with fake lashes look like Snuffaluffagus....Confused

I Can't . CryCryCryDead
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 3:40pm
lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I bet you his can come off with regular eyelash remover...Unlike my 2 months of horror.
Y.Gun View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Y.Gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 6:50pm
Getting mine done on my birthday aka 2 days!Smile
her worklooks fantastic, and its £70 not like them african shops doing £11 for sticking a £3 pack of individual eyelashes with hair glue onto your eyelids.Dead i see alot of girls here rocking that.
First time doing it, so im real excited!
Her work-

and at the mall? lawd i woulda ran a mile, sorry bout your experience though, research research!Unhappy
How much did you pay?
Eden. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Eden. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 6:53pm
oooh ooh i did that, its great!

folks usually advertise it lasting it a month tho, but it starts thinnig out in the second week.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic