Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Honey Boo Boos Uncle Infected With HIV by Boyfrie
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Honey Boo Boos Uncle Infected With HIV by Boyfrie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 10:48am
lol. I was in 2 diff threads wondering who was being called domin.
Sponsored Links

ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

stumbled across another article where they included this troublesome quote...

<p style="-sizing: border-; : relative; border: 0px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb30, 30, 30; margin: 0px 0px 1.5em; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: line; line-height: 19.5px;">“I would have been cool with his HIV status if he had been honest,” said Lee, who’s brother to Honey Boo Boo’s father, <b style="-sizing: border-; : relative;">Sugar Bear. “I don’t have an issue with the disease.

<p style="-sizing: border-; : relative; border: 0px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb30, 30, 30; margin: 0px 0px 1.5em; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: line; line-height: 19.5px;">“I would have known how to protect myself.”

why are gay men so willing to sleep with hiv positive men?  

Wow...I wonder if he meant this in regardss to loving one person in particular enough to risk it, or if he would take chances with any infected person...

Nevertheless, its heartbreaking hearing about any new HIV and AIDS cases.

Maybe he ment that he would have used condoms instead of no condoms for every sexual encounter.....

I got that part lol.

I meant even with protection, you run the risk of the condom breaking and becoming infected. I just wondered if he meant he loved that particular person so much that he would have risked it anyway. Or is he willing to sleep with anyone infected as long as they're honest, and he knows to use protection.

It was more of a rhetorical question cuz I know we can't read his mind. I was just curious.

Edited by ShadyLady - Jan 17 2013 at 12:33pm
SweetNovember* View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 2:23pm
I think it makes more sense to use a condom with someone who is known to have a HIV than it does to not use a condom with with someone who may or may not have HIV. Which is something people do everyday. You can't reasonably expect the other person to be honest about that (if they even know) so condoms should used every time. People are judging the wrong thing here. He had unprotected sex with someone whose status was unknown and that's where he messed up.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

I think it makes more sense to use a condom with someone who is known to have a HIV than it does to not use a condom with with someone who may or may not have HIV. Which is something people do everyday. You can't reasonably expect the other person to be honest about that (if they even know) so condoms should used every time. People are judging the wrong thing here. He had unprotected sex with someone whose status was unknown and that's where he messed up.

clearly it makes sense to use a condom regardless....no one is judging that.  i am perplexed by the resignation to be sexually active with a known HIV positive person.  Many men who are interviewed talk about how it's almost a rite of passage and for that reason, it's not judged as harshly as in the hetero community.  I wish people would not feel that, that is the end game just b/c they've chosen to live a homosexual lifestyle.
SweetNovember* View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 2:37pm

clearly it makes sense to use a condom regardless....no one is judging that.  i am perplexed by the resignation to be sexually active with a known HIV positive person.  Many men who are interviewed talk about how it's almost a rite of passage and for that reason, it's not judged as harshly as in the hetero community.  I wish people would not feel that, that is the end game just b/c they've chosen to live a homosexual lifestyle.

I don't necessarily see anything wrong with it if that's who he falls in love with and wants to spend his life with. There are medications and condoms to prevent transmission for that very reason. Would I do it? Probably not, but if someone else chooses to do it it's not really that big a risk if they take steps to protect themselves. Pretty much every partner we get with is Status: Unknown yet people are so quick to let their juices mingle which is just as bad or worse. There are a lot of people out there who don't know they have it and if they do know they aren't telling. It's up to the individual to protect him/herself.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 2:46pm

I don't necessarily see anything wrong with it if that's who he falls in love with and wants to spend his life with. There are medications and condoms to prevent transmission for that very reason. Would I do it? Probably not, but if someone else chooses to do it it's not really that big a risk if they take steps to protect themselves. Pretty much every partner we get with is Status: Unknown yet people are so quick to let their juices mingle which is just as bad or worse. There are a lot of people out there who don't know they have it and if they do know they aren't telling. It's up to the individual to protect him/herself.

there's a lot of reckless behavior going on in the hetero community as well when it comes to sex, that's a given, but i'm not sure you get how widespread the idea is with gay men in regards to going fwd with hiv positive partners.
it's not just about people making this decision for someone who will become/is their life partner.  people are making this decision in casual sex situations and short term relationships.  

eta: i do get what you're saying about knowing is basically more than half the battle b/c of the preventative measures you have available but there should be more self preservation than that.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Jan 17 2013 at 2:50pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic