FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Homeschooling?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Homeschooling?
    Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 2:49pm
Has anyone here been homeschooled? And/or are currently homeschooling their children? What are/were some of the pros/cons regarding being homeschooled?
Sponsored Links

herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 2:59pm
I can only say, I wish I had. Good luck!
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 3:05pm
No real personal experience, but 2 of my sisters . Also girlfriends.

I don't have any, but I always said that my imaginary kids would be home schooled. lol
Fraiche2Death View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Fraiche2Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 3:18pm
I did after a certain grade and finished high school early. I pulled my little one out of school last year to do the same. Pros? Curriculum. We use K12. She's well ahead of the pack. The ability to customize it and give them the opportunity to get outside & learn and not be in a building all day. My daughter speaks four languages and being home schooled gives her the chance to expand on that. Time flexibility. We did homework on vacation every morning. I can reach her teacher at anytime via the school email system & there are coordinators that provide help in setting up any other needs such as tutoring, additional testing etc. The only con I have is stupid questions I get from people.

I don't even get into conversations with people about socializing. If they ask me stupid questions I answer w/sarcasm and usually tell them that she stays locked in her room all day alone and talks to dolls. LOL My child knows every kid in her class & i'm active and use the parent directory for get-togethers. She's been on more field trips homeschooling than ever. Usually at no cost. It's great for us and once you get used to the system it's smooth sailing.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 3:42pm
i havent done it personally.. but sometimes i consider it with my child because it can be accelerated and there can be more time for other things.. like how fraiches daughter speaks multiple languages.. i want that. Or like how that girl thessalonika finished college at a very young age. 

i do worry about them getting the socialization that comes with normal school.. thats an experience that can't really be replicated imo.. children spend half of the awake part of the day in school for like 13 years.. and a few hours doing things for school as well.. its just an experience that brings a lot to a childs life.. 

maybe i will start them off in home schooling for like a year or two (age 4 and 5) then maybe they can test into a normal school at like 3rd grade (but be 5).. go there for a few years.. then back to home schooling for 2 years.. then test into like 8th grade (at age 9) is that possible..? 
then ill let them decide what they want.. by that time they'll already be ahead.. not as ahead as they could be but it'll put them in a good place. 
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 4:24pm

JMO

If you do it make sure your child is actually on board with this, and that you are not doing it just because you feel it will better your child. 

Schooling your kids at home so that it cuts out the possibility of a school shooting, or experiencing negative influences from peers or picking up bad habits and so that you can remain close to them.. sounds so ideal.

I watched one of those young girl beauty pageants one day on TV and saw the mothers all excited doing their daughter's makeup, hair, and buying cute little dresses.... saying how much experience and how many friends she would gain from participating in these pageants.... how many connections she would make, how many doors this would open...

all the while the child..doesn't like it. But she's too afraid of her mother to speak up and express how she really feels. So she just goes along with it and pretends that she is fine with it.

I notice parents sometimes are more concerned with forcing their children to do what they feel is best for them that they actually forget to stop and see how the child is responding emotionally

that can create huge problems, and can cause hidden resentment from the child towards the parent 

and im speaking directly from experience

im not knocking homeschooling at all, it could be a great alternative, im just simply saying to include your child when it comes to these kinds of decisions..

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 4:28pm
but you're suppose to do what's best for your child.

I didn't respond positively to brushing my teeth when I was 6 but I was still made to do it.
The pros seem to outweigh the cons when it comes to homeschooling.

I'm not sure which my child will do but sometimes you have to drag kids kicking and screaming bc its best for them

Edited by jonesable - Feb 16 2014 at 4:30pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 4:35pm

i dont wish to argue my opinion...

there is a clear difference between brushing your teeth, or having them rot and fall out

and choosing which method of schooling to use

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 4:39pm
this would have been a good convo.. especially with someone speaking from experience.. 

i dont think it would have turned into an argument.. just a discussion. 

bhm tries to make every back and forth drama (not speaking about you modeless) but it doesnt have to be 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

i havent done it personally.. but sometimes i consider it with my child because it can be accelerated and there can be more time for other things.. like how fraiches daughter speaks multiple languages.. i want that. Or like how that girl thessalonika finished college at a very young age. 

i do worry about them getting the socialization that comes with normal school.. thats an experience that can't really be replicated imo.. children spend half of the awake part of the day in school for like 13 years.. and a few hours doing things for school as well.. its just an experience that brings a lot to a childs life.. 

maybe i will start them off in home schooling for like a year or two (age 4 and 5) then maybe they can test into a normal school at like 3rd grade (but be 5).. go there for a few years.. then back to home schooling for 2 years.. then test into like 8th grade (at age 9) is that possible..? 
then ill let them decide what they want.. by that time they'll already be ahead.. not as ahead as they could be but it'll put them in a good place. 

this is basically how i feel.....didnt read until now...i should have just agreed with thisLOL

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic