Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Homeless man is given winning lottery ticket

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 5:08pm
Ooph...right in the feels. 

That... Hit me right in my feels....
Sponsored Links

TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 5:32pm
TBH, I think most people do things for self-serving purposes.  Some people who believe in deities perform good deeds in order to win favor with their god.  Some people who don't believe in deities perform good deeds because it makes them feel good.  Rarely do you ever see someone giving a homeless person a sandwich because that person is hungry.

This youtuber did a good thing.  Whether he recorded it or not is only secondary to helping someone in need.  It's not nearly as bad as shows like undercover boss, which involves people actually acting in order to get the message across that corporations sometimes do the right thing. 

This video and others like it might inspire viewers to actually stop and give a 20 to the next homeless person they see on the street.
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 7:42pm
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 7:53pm
omg this is so awesomeClapCry

just keeps getting better and betterHeart
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 10:31pm
So happy to see an update on this story.

Paying back (in a good way)

One person at a time

Pass it on....

"What a wonderful world"
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 11:05pm
This really did turn into a good story.  

I am always saddened by how surprised people are at a genuinely nice gesture.  It's crazy that we live in a world where that's the last thing so many people expect.  I'm a people watcher.  I see people with these hardened faces going about their business and it's nuts how something so small can brighten a person's entire face.  It's crazy how often people say thank you for listening through their tears at work and I feel guilty because honestly I'm being paid to be there.  I don't know....

You watch kids and how loving and accepting and happy they are and can't help but wonder sometimes, what the heck happens to us?  

I love the fact that with either of the homeless men's videos, we don't hear their story.  I love that because it doesn't matter!!  A lot of times people want to hear the story so they can see if they should empathize with the person's situation first.  

I must admit ONE thing irked me about this.  How do you monitor someone's spending?  Especially when you don't know if they were ever educated in personal finance?  I am grown and married with kids and still learning how to manage my money.  It's mine and every year is better than the last but I've had to teach myself because that wasn't something I learned at home.  So if Eric was never taught money management and say.....spends "too much" on something the youtuber deems frivolous, what's the repercussions?  
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 11:38pm

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic