Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
mzdeidra View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Homegirls Guide to Getting and Keeping a M
    Posted: Nov 24 2007 at 8:30pm

So I’m bored lol. In the aftermath of my failed and crazy relationships – I decided to make a list or somewhat of a “Homegirl’s guide to getting and keeping a man” Manuel. It’s all my experiences and my opinions but I thought it’ll be fun if we can all add on to what works and what doesn’t work. So here goes:

Great Places to Meet Guys:

1. School [but only if he actually go to school there – not some random guy hanging out at the bus stop]: In my experiences, guys that you meet at school are guys with goals and guys that want to do something with their lives. That’s always good in my book
  2. Work: Benefits. ‘Nuff said. Lol!
  3. Gym: This probably means he take real good care of himself – and that he’ll take great care of you

Bad Places to Meet Guys:

1. Club/Bars/House Parties: Self explanatory
  2. Walmart: Maybe not for you lol…but there’s always a bunch of wackos in supermarkets
  3. Doctor’s Office: I know that it’s good for a man to be cautious about his health but the question is: “What in the world is he there for hmmm?”
  4. Corner Store: Just no. No.

Questionable Places to Meet Guys:

1. Church: Nothing but freaks at mine so lol….
  2. Myspace/any social network: You might find a good one but you have to weed through a bunch of psychotic ones first!
  3. Through your friends: You might trust your friends but how you know ya’ll not playing “Pass Around”? She isn’t saying he’s good in bed for nothing ya know lol…

What to do/not to do on 1st Dates:

1. No Sex! I don’t care if he does say it’s not going to change things – 99.9% of the time – if you have sex on the first date – he’s going to want it all the time from then on.
  2. Have a personality – don’t sit there and look pretty! You want him to know that you’re worth it and that he should come back for more.
  3. Save the burping/farting/picking nose until at least halfway into the relationship lol – you can be real but not that real and that soon.
  4. Don’t keep a bunch of condoms in your purse [what you think he’s going to say when you pull out your comb but instead all the condoms come flying out?]. It’s good to be protected but do you need to carry 10 condoms with you?! Lol…no.
  5. Look your best but don’t over do it. Most guys just like a woman in jeans and a nice top. You can go all out later but it’s not necessary for the first date.
  6. Don’t go places where you’re going to bump into your ex’s. Disaster!
  7. No flashing boobs! This ain’t Mardi Gras man….keep the freak inside for later lol.
  8. Do be yourself. This works for me all the time. I’m a naturally weird silly person [ya’ll probably already know that lol] – and guys love it. It’s the realness that turns them on.
  9. Forget the “Don’t kiss on the first date” thing lol – do your thing :)
  10. Cell phone off. Nothing turns a man off more than a woman answering her “business calls” every 10 minutes.
  11. Don’t be afraid to ask him questions about his background. You don’t wanna find out later in the relationship that he’s an ex-con.

While dating:

1. Keep the number of phone calls short. You don’t have to call him every chance you get lol.
  2. Learn how to have a phone conversation – I cant tell you how many potential relationships I ended because a guy couldn’t keep my interest on the phone.
  3. Try new things – ya’ll don’t have to go to the movies all the time. Switch it up a bit
  4. Show him your appreciation every now and then. Men like to know that they are appreciated. You don’t have to go all out – just a simple “Thank you for being you” card will do.
  5. Just have fun. Don’t worry about labels and when he’s going to do this or that – just have fun for right now. Everything else will follow

When to step back and question/leave him:

1. When he tell you to stop hanging out with your friends and family…
  2. When he hits you…
  3. When he don’t call you as much as you’re calling him…
  4. When he’s stuck on his ex girlfriends…
  5. When he say negative things about you…
  6. When he’s always high/drunk…
  7. When he stop appreciating/caring about you…

I don’t want to write too much lol…but that’s what I learned – feel free to add on :)

Edited by mzdeidra - Nov 24 2007 at 8:31pm
Sponsored Links

RunninRabbit View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2007 at 8:36pm
lol i like it
but i would say sometiimes u never know where u might meet that one, yeah most of the time its bad to meet ppl at those places but u never know Wink
eta: and be careful about meeting ppl once and giving them all your info(clubs, parties etc.) cause folks are crazy. i was watching a tyra show about this and it was so true.

Edited by RunninRabbit - Nov 24 2007 at 8:41pm
Curly B View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2007 at 8:40pm
#8. Leave him when he stops asking you for sex, or doesn't desire or have interest in you anymore.

Edited by Curly B - Nov 24 2007 at 8:41pm
Conceited View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2007 at 10:01pm
Good tips MzDeidra.
Mizz_Scorpio View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2007 at 10:02pm
I like it........... Make a Myspace bulliten and post this
ccluvsau View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2007 at 10:04pm
I really liked this MzD!!!Thumbs%20Up
mzdeidra View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2007 at 10:06pm
I really did this outta boredom lol but I guess I can make a bullentin outta it lol
Dehinds View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2007 at 10:12pm
It's rational LOL
Dorree View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2007 at 10:15pm
You've been busy Ms Lady! Smile  Very good! Thumbs%20Up
NurseGal View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2007 at 7:45am