BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Hollywood on Kerry Washington

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

hmmm thats why Zoe Saldana's career is "hot" right now...y'all know that girl cant really act, but she's "acceptable" so she gets these many roles...and dating Brad Cooper was an added bonus LOL
Absolutely.

Kerry Washington doesn't sound white but she sounds "valley".
She sounds like she's from NYC.
Actually...I don't know.
Sponsored Links

teendiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 7:23pm
Aisha Tyler is awesome, she's repping for the nerdy black girls.
I could see how someone would think Kerry talks white. I don't believe in that but I'm not surprised.
I never thought of them appealing to white dudes but I guess they do...
teendiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Clearly White men (and women) prefer "white girl dipped in chocolate" Black girls

They appeal to them both physically and intellectually

Kerry = white girl dipped in chocolate? And did you mean mentally as opposed to intellectually? Actually, idk if I really wanna know
laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 7:42pm
Kerry is ugly and so is her friend Taraji, so I don't know wth your talking about imho.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (14) Thanks(14)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 7:44pm
Kerry is a good actress, I have followed her career from the beginning. Her cheeks and lips have always been the same, the only difference is that she is a lot skinnier these days than earlier in her career. She has also had the same facial expressions. If you do not like them don't watch her. With so few black women in leading rows on TV we really must stop being so picky. I watch this board just pick away at black women like it is a sport. I use to argue with friends when they would say black women are angry, because I am not an angry person. But now I can see why some would think that we are. Are we ever satisfied?....The chosen black woman is either, to light, talks white, to big, to skinny, shaped like a boy, butt not big enough, butt to big, not educated enough, to many kids and on and on and on........Quentin wrote the movie and that is how he wrote the female part and she took the part. It is not like there are dozens of roles being offered to black women in film. Yes she is on TV but she is a movie actress
teendiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

Kerry is a good actress, I have followed her career from the beginning. Her cheeks and lips have always been the same, the only difference is that she is a lot skinnier these days than earlier in her career. She has also had the same facial expressions. If you do not like them don't watch her. With so few black women in leading rows on TV we really must stop being so picky. I watch this board just pick away at black women like it is a sport. I use to argue with friends when they would say black women are angry, because I am not an angry person. But now I can see why some would think that we are. Are we ever satisfied?....The chosen black woman is either, to light, talks white, to big, to skinny, shaped like a boy, butt not big enough, butt to big, not educated enough, to many kids and on and on and on........Quentin wrote the movie and that is how he wrote the female part and she took the part. It is not like there are dozens of roles being offered to black women in film. Yes she is on TV but she is a movie actress

Lol Who's being picky? In fact, a lot of people have said they watch (therefore supporting) her work, despite her acting. Sounds like you just wanted to call folks angry black women.
princesshoneybee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote princesshoneybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by indiecat indiecat wrote:

i'm happy there are more black actresses on tv

Really I feel like there are less. We have little black programming left imo. We used to have the cosby show, in living color, a different world and a lot more black tv shows that were more quality
princesshoneybee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote princesshoneybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by teendiva teendiva wrote:

Aisha Tyler is awesome, she's repping for the nerdy black girls.
I could see how someone would think Kerry talks white. I don't believe in that but I'm not surprised.
I never thought of them appealing to white dudes but I guess they do...

People who say she talks white are trash. It's called being educated, that's the problem with many blacks today. They embrace and foster ignorance
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 11:51pm

what is white girl dipped in chocolate? Am I the only one who finds that offensive and weird! Black women are diverse we are not going to let anyone define us anymore... WE define ourselves

I dont think of KW as being white... I think she is trying hard to maintian a career in an industry that consistanly denies her existance (she is a hard worker and a Good actress)

SHE HATE ME~ 

Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 12:35am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Clearly White men (and women) prefer "white girl dipped in chocolate" Black girls

They appeal to them both physically and intellectually

Confused
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style