Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Hollywood on Kerry Washington

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
teendiva View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 10:11am
Originally posted by PRnena PRnena wrote:

All these "quotations".

I just "noticed" that. ""
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 10:11am
I like to "emphasize" my words Smile
Got a problem with that? Angry

Originally posted by PRnena PRnena wrote:

All these "quotations".
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 10:21am
She may have had her cheeks nose and lips done......may that why she makes those "faces".
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 10:23am
do you mean that she's the go to black girl for Hollywood?

I don't plan on seeing "Django" but I was really disappointed to hear that she wasn't prominently featured in the movie like I thought

i love her, I do, but those facial expressions sometimes LOL
krisviola1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisviola1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Babydoll9163 Babydoll9163 wrote:

I don't understand the question. She's not exactly upheld or honored in Hollywood and don't we get upset they don't look for black women as the attractive lead? I think her being the "pretty girl" in Hollywood's eyes is a step forward.

This is a good point.  But in Django, she seemed to be a stand in only because of her nice looks.
iNFATUATE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iNFATUATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 10:58am
Originally posted by teendiva teendiva wrote:

No, I don't think that at all. I don't think there is such a niche in Hollywood known as "pretty black girl." She's not a fabulous actress. I've seen both seasons of Scandal...She looks best when she's just smiling a little. When she acts she contorts her face in all types of ways. That may be natural for her but it is weird to watch.

Yes! I'm always complaining about this. It just makes everything she does seem so terribly contrived.
teendiva View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 11:11am
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

She may have had her cheeks nose and lips done......may that why she makes those "faces".

But wouldn't that make her face stiffer? She has flexible facial muscles She moves her face in ways that look like it hurts. I can't do any of those faces she makes.
teendiva View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 11:14am
Originally posted by iNFATUATE iNFATUATE wrote:

No, I don't think that at all. I don't think there is such a niche in Hollywood known as "pretty black girl." She's not a fabulous actress. I've seen both seasons of Scandal...She looks best when she's just smiling a little. When she acts she contorts her face in all types of ways. That may be natural for her but it is weird to watch.

Yes! I'm always complaining about this. It just makes everything she does seem so terribly contrived.

Yep she scrunches her eyebrows and lips when she's thinking, "ok now I have to look like I'm sad/angry/shocked"
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 11:16am
greenttby View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenttby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by iNFATUATE iNFATUATE wrote:

Yes, this! I saw her interview with oprah and she is pose, intelligent, and has great style. I fell in love with her during that interview...but those facial expressions on scandal.ConfusedOuch
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic