Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Holiday Decor! Post Your Pix (or Ideas)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 24>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 3:19am
I was feeling a bit Scrooge-y this year.  My daughter has her own place, and it's just not as fun when there are no kids around.

But the other day I brought my stuff down from the attic, and it put me in a slightly more festive mood.

I have the tall thin "natural" style trees.  They are 6, 4, and 2 feet high.  They are the type that are supposed to look like a forest grouping.  The thing is, they are pre lit, and I have the ornaments wired on.  My theme is Santa, again.  All the ornaments are santas, clear glass, and vintage. White lights. 

I have several "presents"  throughout the grouping, under the tree.  I always have empty gift boxes, with really pretty paper and big bows on them, under the tree.  It fills out the look before the shopping is done.  Mine are black and white, with silver or gold ribbons.

Next to the trees, there is an iron sculpture deer, belongs to my bf.  Don't like it.  It's huge.  It has a gold bow on its antler.

Fireplace mantle has natural pine swag, with white lites and clear glass ornaments and pinecones.
I have a large painted portrait of Santa on the mantle and a tall angel with white feather wings.

I have a Santa of Color, 2 feet tall, wearing tan and white holding a small pine tree and a wooden sled. His face is so sweet and kind, it is my favorite decoration.

I brought out my christmas dishes, and cookie jars.  I put a wreath and garland on the front door.

That was all I felt like doing this year, and if the tree was not pre decorated, I probably wouldn't have done anything.  I'll try to post  pics.
Sponsored Links

Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 3:31am
I wish I could put lights outside my house Cry  But we have no power sockets for it.

On Sunday I want to put my tree up so I might get some extra decorations this week if they are still in the store. I remember I had an aunt with a white tree. I was so amazed at it and thought it was the most beautiful tree. That was like over 25 years ago and she still remembers me telling her how much I liked her tree. Last year The Sims Social had Christmas trees and one was white and blue and I just had to get it. LOL

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:10pm
we have reindeer in front yard sorta  like  this except their heads move. 

Pinned Image

Edited by PurpleHaze - Dec 04 2012 at 2:10pm
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:52pm

We bought a tree (gorgeous) but we've all been too tired to decorate it or anything else. I think that we're going to go for it on Thursday.

So I will be lurking
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:58pm
We I decorated the tree on Sunday, it's a real one. *don't stone me green people* LOL

I need some more bling *lights* and a couple of more minor touches then I'll post a pic this weekend.

If you have a real tree the best thing to do is boil 8 oz. of water and mix it with a can of 7up and pour it in the little bowl thingy. You tree will stay fresh til the new year.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

i cant wait to decorate my first tree!

I can wait

we just did Thanksgiving for 30 people

I'm tired
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:59pm
Purp, *i'm a bit tacky* we have pink flamingos...Geek
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

We I decorated the tree on Sunday, it's a real one. *don't stone me green people* LOL

I need some more bling *lights* and a couple of more minor touches then I'll post a pic this weekend.

If you have a real tree the best thing to do is boil 8 oz. of water and mix it with a can of 7up and pour it in the little bowl thingy. You tree will stay fresh til the new year.

it's cool. Just recycle it when you're done. Our county starts picking them up around January 3rd.

and post pixBig smile
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Purp, *i'm a bit tacky* we have pink flamingos...Geek

my sis has pink flamingos but she lives in FL I guess they're expected there LOL
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 3:14pm

now we may buy a fake one

I want one of those $250 ones for half price or 75% off

may wait till december 26 to buy it
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions