Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HIV Epidemic in the South....Most new infections
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

HIV Epidemic in the South....Most new infections

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
KinksnWinks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KinksnWinks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

wouldn't be surprised at all if they are behind most of the contagious diseases/illnesses and viruses out today.....

hmm that's a interesting question... all viruses have to start somewhere

where did things like the flu, common cold, strep throat, HIV, STD's in general start and why? * goes to research*

Some say that AIDS was created by Dr. Robert Gallo.

I've heard this before...but because the virus mutates so rapidly...I wonder how it would have developed without a visible cure and why hasn't other viruses picked up on this yet?-genetically I mean
Sponsored Links

keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 9:59am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Well damn.

I expected MS to have a higher rate for Black folk but I stand corrected.

they still considered 3/5ths in ole racist miss. 
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 10:34am
@kinks aren't those names white? I used common black names cause we are speaking about black ppl.

I also always wondered where did std's start we know how we get them but what are the exact orgins, isn't it white ppl?

*goes to look up*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote KinksnWinks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 10:41am
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

@kinks aren't those names white? I used common black names cause we are speaking about black ppl.

I also always wondered where did std's start we know how we get them but what are the exact orgins, isn't it white ppl?

*goes to look up*

I don't think the second part is directed to me.....but at this point if you don't understand I can't explain it to you.... And where I'm from the names I listed are common black and white names...which is why I used it ...I feel like writing a two paragraph explanation would be redundant
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 11:00am
Originally posted by KinksnWinks KinksnWinks wrote:

...I feel like writing a two paragraph explanation would be redundant
please do correct me if I'm wrong KNW, but you're getting at the concept that the names chosen and for the purpose adds to the overall agenda of attempting to shame black persons that choose "non traditional" (read: white/eurocentric) names for their child(ren)? The names chosen as being "black" names not only carry (negative) social stereotypes with them, they're actually used among non black people as well, thus not making them "black" names. You know, like any other name which is an arbitrary label given to a person as a means of identification.

If the spiel above is anywhere in your neighborhood, myself and rickysrose know exactly what you're saying.

HD-- Names aside, I get what you were saying.

Now please pardon my derailment. People have to do better about not being so ashamed of sex and the many facets that come with it. To not inform ourselves and our children keeps us in an ignorant dark age. We're only hastening our own exatinction.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote KinksnWinks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

...I feel like writing a two paragraph explanation would be redundant
please do correct me if I'm wrong KNW, but you're getting at the concept that the names chosen and for the purpose adds to the overall agenda of attempting to shame black persons that choose "non traditional" (read: white/eurocentric) names for their child(ren)? The names chosen as being "black" names not only carry (negative) social stereotypes with them, they're actually used among non black people as well, thus not making them "black" names. You know, like any other name which is an arbitrary label given to a person as a means of identification.

If the spiel above is anywhere in your neighborhood, myself and rickysrose know exactly what you're saying.

HD-- Names aside, I get what you were saying.

Now please pardon my derailment. People have to do better about not being so ashamed of sex and the many facets that come with it. To not inform ourselves and our children keeps us in an ignorant dark age. We're only hastening our own exatinction.

yes that's exactly what I am saying...thank you
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 12:06pm

yes that's exactly what I am saying...thank you
you're welcome and [ak]guuuuuuurl[/ak], bhm has been down this road plenty of times. 

FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 12:12pm
I was on my way out of the library a few months ago, and stopped to peruse the contents page of a local free weekly magazine to see if anything might be of interest. Under the People heading, I scanned a blurb and saw '...pastry chef Tandra Watkins...2013 Semi-Finalist....' I said 'alright sista gurl' put it under my arm and went to my car.

Last week as I was cleaning out my magazine stash, I found it. I read that page again and quickly flipped to page 6 eager to read of Ms. Tandra Watkins. And there she was pictured in full color on page 6, Ms. Tandra Watkins, in all her..."thick" NW15, blond, blue eyed glory. 

"Well," I said, "all righty then. Congrats." and promptly threw the mag in the recycling bin. Ermm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 1:51pm
^^^ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and the bolding was sweetest of icings. 

thank you for that-- hahhah!!

eta: for those that needed to see Ms. Tandra Watkins--

Edited by nekamarie83 - Jun 20 2013 at 1:54pm
loveandpeace1984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveandpeace1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 1:56pm
Is there anything positive about the south? Like if aids don't kill me, the food will, if that don't kill me, the heat will, if I don't go to church the people will, if the church members, surely the KKK will, until the police grabs my black butt and shoots me, if that don't stop them the wild boar will get me during the manhunt for me for being black, if I'm in atl the security guard will get me. I'm like sheesh if it wasn't for the beautiful black women down there, I would never go to the south ever for any reason.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>