BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Hispanic is the New...White?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 7:26pm
They may be on the trend to do that now.  But their vote is a lot more swingable than black Americans.
Sponsored Links

Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

I follow several local news stations on my Facebook page. When a Black person is accused/charged/convicted of a crime, the Mexicans are right there w/ the racist Whites making racist comments. Even when it's posts about "Obummer", or when the Zimmerman/Martin trial was on. I even commented that if Trayvon had been "Jose Rodriguez", the same racist Whites that they were siding with would have been making derogatory racist comments.

All I know is San Antonio Mexicans seem "different" than California Mexicans. Even Mexicans I have discussed this with from other states, say they don't understand why Mexicans here are so racist, when you would think they would unite more with their "browner cousins"/Blacks. Hell, THEY don't even understand it.

OMG so different. The Californian mexicans be so confused. When it was a big number of them moving to SA it would be Cali vs Texas in schools. Even though they were all mexican. Other hispanic groups ride along the coat tails like choose what side they wanted to be on. Like the small number of Puerto Ricans and Cubans. 
Mexicans are extremely racist and really look out for theyre own. The ones with money you cant tell them they not white and better than other mexicans.
Traylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Traylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 8:58pm
I don't think so, not after the last 6 years. The media never really talked about it, but even Asians went for Obama at 73%. For the first time in history, every conceivable minority racial group went for the Democrat by over 70% and all are trending away from the GOP. That's a coalition the white power structure has no ability to do anything about but hide and watch us fix all that they've broken. 
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 1:56am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

Hispanics are color struck like other minorities. Article a little too late with Hispanics identifying as white or black.

how can you be late speculating on the future?

Based on this in the article "Will white Hispanics see themselves as part of a different race, or will they see themselves as just another kind of white?"

Hispanics know whites will never consider them a part of the "white" race, therefore, they'll settle different kind of white. Being that Hispanics have their own light vs dark issues (white vs black) issues in their own community. White/European Hispanics already set themselves a part from their black/darker afro Hispanic counterparts. Best believe those white/European looking Hispanics living the "white privilege" compared to afro latinos.

Edited by QueenBee - Apr 18 2014 at 2:00am
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 2:02am
Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

Mexicans are extremely racist and really look out for theyre own. The ones with money you cant tell them they not white and better than other mexicans.

Truth.com I lived two years in Mexico teaching English and uhmmmmm I had an eye opening experience.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 4:56am

you are very optimistic Traylee
Traylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Traylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 2:23pm
Samone, I'm a very data driven person and politics is my passion so my optimism is based on the data and trends that have been moving this way for decades. Even in the run up to the 2012 election, the talk in politics was that Romney would be the last presidential candidate to try to win with the white vote alone. Because of population trends (66,000 Hispanics turn 18 every week, the freefall of the white birth rate, the most liberal generation of young people in American history, etc), the white power structure is simply unsustainable. In fact, last year there were many Republicans sounding the alarm that if they didn't get their isht together with minorities they could be out of the WH for a generation.
 Plus, the fact that the first black president was also one of only six presidents in history to win both times with over 51% of the vote (first time since 1956) and the only one to get over 70% of all minority votes is pretty telling about where the nation is moving. When you consider that women of color were largely responsible for that huge victory, it's hard for me to imagine that coalition won't hold in 2016 when Clinton runs. 
morenaloca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 1:13am
Mexicans Sick
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 2:13am
I'd rather people who don't want to be black who are black disown themselves from our race anyway. Goodbye we don't need you.

Edited by Lilaca - Apr 19 2014 at 2:14am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style