BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Hispanic is the New...White?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 4:05am
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

Hispanic is not a damn race!

we all know this though esp since we have afro-latina posters over here...that's not even the point of the article or discussion
Sponsored Links

naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 4:25am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

Hispanic is not a damn race!

we all know this though esp since we have afro-latina posters over here...that's not even the point of the article or discussion
I am having the worst time posting on this bd. But maybe I am over simplifying things here. From what I understood about this article- its about racial id. for so called Hispanics in the US... correct me if I am wrong?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 4:44am
in a nutshell, the article is exploring the idea of whether light-skinned hispanics will join the ranks of whiteness in the future

..a 100 years ago even the irish weren't regarded as white so it's food for thought

whiteness (race in general) is a construct and constantly shifting

eta: yes we know hispanics/latin@s are not a race but you can't deny the fact that there are privileges afforded to lighter skin 

...and the fact that some posters have talked about some of them abandoning their roots/language/changing their appearances is definitely important 

Edited by CherryBlossom - Apr 17 2014 at 4:48am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 4:54am
INITIALLY THE OPPRESSED IDENTIFY WITH THEIR OPPRESSORS. If given a bit of power, at first the oppressed tend themselves to become petty tyrants. "Their ideal is to be men; but for them, to be men is to be oppressors. This is their model of humanity. They are still identified with their oppressors' values. The peasant who becomes a foreman may be harsher toward the other peasants than the owner. The context of the situation remains unchanged. (30)
form the book the pedagogy of the oppressed- this is just another example of racial id. in America for example, when people from other countries take on the values and attitudes of the oppressor.. like Pharell in the other post! like Some of the voters in this article... For some they may racially be white but for many they are a mixture of several races and I think racial id is part of what this boils down to
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 4:58am

The same concepts you stated in your points can be applied to Black's in America or from other places so how is this not about racial ID? this has everything to do with racial id??? anyway I am not here to debate with you
eta: yes we know hispanics/latin@s are not a race but you can't deny the fact that there are privileges afforded to lighter skin 

...and the fact that some posters have talked about some of them abandoning their roots/language/changing their appearances is definitely important 

[/QUOTE]
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 5:01am
I honestly don't know what you're getting heated about with your cap-locks and superfluous punctuationCry

some fair-skinned hispanics may identify as white in the future..some already experience white privelege (like I said this is what the jews, italians and irish went through during the early part of the 20th century)

that was my point, no more, no less...so calm down.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 5:03am
I don't know why you bring up blacks in america either

..they have never had access to whiteness and never will

fair-skinned hispanics are a totally different case
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 5:05am
Cherry my God dont let me argue with people with man plans like they trying to catch a mouse in they house .
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 5:08am
I am calm what are you talking about??? That is from an article? I think I just said that? you can't hear me and that is the problem with posting... did the people in the first pic look fair to you because they did not to me...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 5:12am
well I beg to differ... access to whiteness?? Its not about whiteness its about mentality as "Skate bd. P" has put it! There is a growing number of mix raced Blacks in America and not only that Black one's that don't want to id as Black!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic