Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Hispanic is the New...White?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 4:43pm
Hispanics the ones I encounter already think they higher on the pole than black and are closer to white than we will ever be. 

I do not see them "aligning" with us they want their own identity , hell some of them want rights & SSI  even though they are here illegally and don't get me started on the anchor babies. 

Hell some of them are already passing for white if they pale enough and a non ethnic sounding name. 
Sponsored Links

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 5:01pm

lol at them aligning with us

maybe a few but not most
oneluv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote oneluv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 5:28pm
This is why I always say black people need to start getting married and having more kids...
Traylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Traylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 5:32pm
When I say "aligning", I'm talking politically. Since politics, and the resulting economic empowerment, is the only way to real power, that's really all that matters to me. Politically speaking, they've already aligned with us. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. 
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 5:48pm

you stated socially as well
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 6:43pm
I live in a city that's 93% Hispanic. Mexican, that is. The poorest of the poor will vote Republican, even though The GOP usually opposes the causes that benefit them the most. I have had many Mexican Democrats tell me that their own relatives that benefit from Democrat supported programs are "sell outs" and want to be perceived as and accepted by Whites.

They are pawns. Plain and simple.

Reminds me of the Lyndon Johnson quote about poor and middle class Whites that vote Republican/against their own interests.

"If you can convince the lowest White (or Mexican) man he's better than the best colored/Black man , he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him someone to look down on and he'll empty his pockets for you."

Edited by Cream1970 - Apr 16 2014 at 6:45pm
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 6:49pm
Latinos voted for President Barack Obama over Republican Mitt Romney by 71% to 27%, according to an analysis of exit polls by the Pew Hispanic Center, a Project of the Pew Research Center.1

Obama’s national vote share among Hispanic voters is the highest seen by a Democratic candidate since 1996, when President Bill Clinton won 72% of the Hispanic vote.

More stats here: http://www.pewhispanic.org/2012/11/07/latino-voters-in-the-2012-election/

Edited by melikey - Apr 16 2014 at 6:52pm
FABdotNET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote FABdotNET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 6:50pm
Most(Hispanic's) from my hometown wear very light make up and wear blue colored contacts, which I've never understood due to a rally happening in my town to get rid of the Hispanics Confused
Traylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Traylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 7:07pm
Yes, I did. If you look at the trajectory of minorities' opinions on a variety of social issues, they align almost in lock step yet are far more progressive than the majority of whites. Look at what's going on with the immigration reform debate? You don't think Latinos hear the dog whistles and slurs hurled at them on the regular? Immigration reform is also an issue that many on the forefront of the modern civil rights movement have taken up as common cause. That, and because I don't think Latinos are somehow self-hating as a people, is why I don't even begin to believe they will shed their heritage and start trying to be white anymore than any other group. 

Also, American pop culture today is increasingly dominated by blacks, Latinos and olive skinned people and white folks that either want to be black or Latino. Why would Latinos want to go back to the white standard? Why would they do that to themselves? I can't imagine that they're not as sick and damn tired of white domination and privilege as we are. 

"Latinos voted for President Barack Obama over Republican Mitt Romney by 71% to 27%, according to an analysis of exit polls by the Pew Hispanic Center, a Project of the Pew Research Center.1"

Thanks for bringing in some facts. Just look at some of the Latino Decisions polling and it's clear that the divide between mainstream whites and Latinos is growing bigger, not smaller. 
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 7:25pm
As part of the enrollment paperwork that we do w/ new students at the career school I work at, students are asked, (they can decline), to select the racial category that they identify with.

The 1st question is" Do you consider yourself Hispanic/Latino?"

The 2nd part of the question is:
In addition, select one of more racial categories to describe yourself:

American Indian or Alaska Native
   Asian
   Black or African American
   Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander
   White

It's about 60/40. Some don't select and other category and the rest in fact, select White. The ones that are darker than me, usually. LOL

I don't care, I just find it..interesting.

Strangely, the ones that are Black/Mexican mixed, rarely claim their Mexcian side.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic