Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

His sisters not in the bridal party?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 12:14am
She did more than I'd've done honestly. Asking to take of best friends and cousins because they think should come before that?Sleepy...
Again, I'm so happy my fiance has no sisters.

I understand where some people are coming from with the joining of two families. However, I saw the bridal party as the people closest to the bride and groom who are also giving them away/ supporting them on the joyous occasion day. They're the ones standing behind the bride/groom.

Meh, at the end of the day, they have plenty of years ahead to grow a bond. I just don't understand wanting to be a part of a bridal party and hanging with the bride when you aren't that close.

And for those who said they could be part of the bridal festivities, I don't know if they will being that her bridesmaids are taking charge on that. I told her to tell them to invite them though, just so they can't say that her family and friends are shutting them out.

Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 12:17am
BB- I went to a wedding with a bridal party of 40 before. INSANE!!! I can't imagine 10 more Dead
I missed your post though sadly but I'm assuming about your son's wedding according to other comments...
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 12:38am
I mean 14ppl is a lot considering that you're saying that this chick and her fiance are also paying for all the dresses and tuxes. That's a lot of people. I didn't read all 13 pages before posting so I don't know if your friend is local or not, but if she's not in the immediate NYC metro area, that's an added cost as well.

IMO a big bridal party = too many egos just waiting to pop off. I wouldn't want to deal with that. But if she's not even close with her fiance's siblings, they can have several good hard Ikea seats.
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 12:41am
Originally posted by ImThatDiva ImThatDiva wrote:

UPDATE:More Info

*Bride really isn't close too her soon to be sister in law. She hangs with them when she is with her fiance and his family but outside of that, her go to girls are her own immediate family and besties
*To add three bridesmaids would mean finding more groomsmen, paying for 3 more dresses and shoes, bridesmaid gifts, 1 more hotel room(getting married in manhattan and the whole entire bridal party is staying in Manhattan overnight), getting a larger limo
*(back when she broke the news to them)Sister-in-laws to be told her that they should have been of the first people she thought of to put on her list for bridal party. Bride told them her family were the first ones who she thought of. They told her they were basically her family now so she should just keep her sisters and lop off her cousins and friends to add them.
*Bride and groom had plans to have their immediate family wear specific colors and also walk down the aisle(right after bridal party, before flower girls) and they were to be announced at reception when they announce everyone in the bridal party. They said that is corny and they didn't want to do that(the sisters)

Well hell, be rs can't be choosers, atleast they'd still be apart of the wedding party. It ain't their wedding in the first place to be trying to dictate how things go.

Edited by niecy - Apr 24 2013 at 12:42am
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 12:42am

*Bride really isn't close too her soon to be sister in law. She hangs with them when she is with her fiance and his family but outside of that, her go to girls are her own immediate family and besties
*To add three bridesmaids would mean finding more groomsmen, paying for 3 more dresses and shoes, bridesmaid gifts, 1 more hotel room(getting married in manhattan and the whole entire bridal party is staying in Manhattan overnight), getting a larger limo
*(back when she broke the news to them)Sister-in-laws to be told her that they should have been of the first people she thought of to put on her list for bridal party. Bride told them her family were the first ones who she thought of. They told her they were basically her family now so she should just keep her sisters and lop off her cousins and friends to add them.
*Bride and groom had plans to have their immediate family wear specific colors and also walk down the aisle(right after bridal party, before flower girls) and they were to be announced at reception when they announce everyone in the bridal party. They said that is corny and they didn't want to do that(the sisters)

they sound bitchy.
like i think they should be in it--but if i were them i would not have mentioned it and i think the family wearing a specific color is cute

some people stay pressed....
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 12:46am
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

I mean 14ppl is a lot considering that you're saying that this chick and her fiance are also paying for all the dresses and tuxes. That's a lot of people. I didn't read all 13 pages before posting so I don't know if your friend is local or not, but if she's not in the immediate NYC metro area, that's an added cost as well.

IMO a big bridal party = too many egos just waiting to pop off. I wouldn't want to deal with that. But if she's not even close with her fiance's siblings, they can have several good hard Ikea seats.
Group discount on tux rental(10 or more you get a discount-her father and his, and his grandpa are added in to get it LOL) and they're only paying half for the bridesmaids and no she's LI too...

@ bolded CryLOLCry
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 12:53am
thats cute. i don't like the immediate family walking in. 
thats only for mother/father of the bride/groom and stuff. 

but the color coding is nice. i don't think they should get into a constant bicker with the bride about it though. just let the other family members point it out. and say, well "it is what she wanted". if they start being the bigger bitches, they'll basically take her side. 
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 1:06am

Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

Group discount on tux rental(10 or more you get a discount-her father and his, and his grandpa are added in to get it LOL) and they're only paying half for the bridesmaids and no she's LI too...

@ bolded CryLOLCry

Lol seriously though...

Unless the sisters are chipping in financially for the wedding, they need to stop being obnoxious.
val48066 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote val48066 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 5:52am

The couple needs to firmly set forth boundaries now because these sisters in law are an interfering handful. Firmly tell them no and don't leave any room for discussion. 
HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 8:47am
I wouldnt expect to be in my brothers wedding either.

If she asks me then thats cool, but why would I wanna be a bridesmaid with a bunch of girls I dont really know to begin with
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
  Share Topic