Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Hiring Discrimination?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Organic View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Organic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 1:14pm
...but even still, that shouldn't be the decision of the program manager. She can't determine what someone does with their life. It seems a bit - intrusive.

Sponsored Links

Chyna_Li View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chyna_Li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 1:15pm
i want to know the reasons
I, personally, wouldnt move w/o the job but many do it. fear can block accomplishments/progress.

and if this female doesnt have a job then she should have no reservations about applying to a "cruddy" job. I'd rather make cruddy money then have no income at all (if thats the case)
Organic View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Organic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Originally posted by Organic Organic wrote:

Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

what were the reasons she gave to not relocate?  Did they make any sense?

She let me listen to the phone call (she recorded the phone call), and it really did sound like 15 minutes of rambling. 

One reason was that the girl would have to relocate twice (once to the county, then again once the job began because the job could be in a different area of the county), then she said something about some people not liking the program and deciding to quit early - 

...the first thing I said was 'da hell dat got to do wiff you? Confused'

I told her the way I look at it is this - if someone liked you and wants you to succeed, they will work with you to make that a possibility. They won't deter you from a guaranteed opportunity. Unfortunately, if she does relocate, she feels the program manager wont allow her into the program.

...I am so sick of these white people Sleepy
you are so right on this.  It reminds me of the thread where ppl put their race on the resume and got no offers or call backs.  PPl are very particular about who they want to build their company with & their ideal employee is a white male.  She should go for it providing she can work elsewhere if it doesn't work out or she has enough savings as a cushion

That's a good idea Thumbs Up
Organic View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Organic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Chyna_Li Chyna_Li wrote:

i want to know the reasons
I, personally, wouldnt move w/o the job but many do it. fear can block accomplishments/progress.

and if this female doesnt have a job then she should have no reservations about applying to a "cruddy" job. I'd rather make cruddy money then have no income at all (if thats the case)

LOL 
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

^^^I was thinking what Prazol said, too--the mgr might genuinely be trying to save your friend alot of grief.

Yes, maybe she meant no harm.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Organic Organic wrote:

...but even still, that shouldn't be the decision of the program manager. She can't determine what someone does with their life. It seems a bit - intrusive.

I would be honest like the program manager especially if I liked the person. Whatever she decided to do after I lay it out there is up to her.
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 1:52pm
Organic - does your friend have the qualifications for the program? is she one of the top 20? could that be a reason.

I'm currently looking into relocating back to the east coast and I've had 2 senior level recruiters tell me to use the an address of where the job is located, not where i live. Maybe she should try that if she's looking to relocate.

but about the program manager...is she actually the HIRING manager? If she is the person at the informational sessions just passing our brochures and makes no final decisions on who gets intot he program...i would tell your friend to still apply. 
kaai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

It can't be hiring discrimination yet if she hasn't formally applied and then been denied the job.

I wouldn't relocate for a job unless I was already offered the position.  She's risking it if the woman already told her not to move.  Unless your friend is willing to move, then apply, then be denied, and THEN sue and wait years for a court case, I'd say she needs to look elsewhere, because that program mgr doesn't want her. period.

this all day.... the Mgr obviously know something she isn't telling

so look somewhere else its obvious this lady is trying to save her.
see it as a warning & move on.... if they continue their friendship
it will come out later..... she can use the lady as a reference maybe
is she doesn't go off on the discrimination tour

Edited by kaai - Nov 28 2012 at 2:53pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair