Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hired at a job, then fired a few days later

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
melly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hired at a job, then fired a few days later
    Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 8:50am
Has anyone ever been hired at a new job and then fired a few days later?

I found a job doing telephone surveys at a company a few days ago on craigslist and they fired me and another girl yesterday. Me and the girl both started on monday and got fired yesterday.
The company is very small and laidback with about 12 employees and   I had my own small office space and during the training,
the hiring manager told me and the girl that they would put us on probation for 3 months and then after the probation period we would be at the company permanently. I feel like I was double crossed and used because I managed to get a couple of surveys in the last few days and I feel like what the manager did wasnt right at all , that he lied and tricked me and the other girl and that he didnt even give us a chance or trained us properly.I worked in other survey companies places in the past and they gave people a chance, they didnt fire people after 3 days. The survey script the manager gave us was on a paper and there were some parts in the script that didnt make any sense. I found other jobs on craigslist in this year and they did the same thing hire me and then fire me after a few days. Are all jobs on craigslist like this?

How come managers and employers don't want to give people a chance ?

Edited by melly - Nov 22 2012 at 8:51am
Sponsored Links

zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 8:57am
So u changed the parts of the script that didnt "make sense"?
starflower7 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 8:59am
Yeah this happened to me once because some brown nosing bish that worked there decided to try me and I checked the bish but it was...10 days. The whole craigslist thing is probably fishy though.
melly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 9:00am
Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

yes I did I used my own words, but I think that company is a scam
nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 9:05am
I've never had a job that would do me like dat. I had a telephone interviewing job, and I only stayed there for 20 days, but that's because I hated the job and decided never to return. I still got the headset and the keys to get into the building too.StarCoolCool  I think your place of employment must be really shady. Either that, or you were acting extremely ratchet.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 9:05am
Originally posted by melly melly wrote:

the company could be a scam but i did market research one summer and we had to read from a script and couldnt veer from it and we were also told that the calls were monitored.
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 9:08am
Originally posted by melly melly wrote:

And therein lies the answer to your question. You were on probation and by Day 3 werent following orders
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 9:13am
I wouldn't even trust getting a job on Craigs list.  I always thought it was a shady site to begin with, and shady ppl/companies using  it.

Go to Indeed.com, monster, or careerbuider and look for jobs there.

I've never been hired and fired within the same month.  Only gotten laid off once after 2 years of working a job.  Did get a nice severance packageSmile

Edited by Tbaby - Nov 22 2012 at 9:15am
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 9:15am
call center scripts are not a suggestion. they are mandatory. when the calls are monitored by QA, they're looking to see if you use the correct opening script, closing script, and whatever they require in the middle. 
A verbal warning would have sufficed, but you have to do your part as well. 
and Craigs list is, of course, fishy
nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 9:19am
Maybe she had to change the script in order not to sound uneducated. At the place I worked, I swear they never proofread that crap and it did not make any kind of sense. One time they wrote I be calling, instead of I am calling, so I had to change it and let them know.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>