Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Highlighting and contouring --in real life?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 3:53am
Elf supposedly has a dupe for nars albatrosshttp://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=nars%20albatross
Sponsored Links

msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 4:02am
Here's a brownskinned sister rocking the elf highlighter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrw-6yTnBhY&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 4:14am
your links aren't working msjaim... is it gotta glow by elf? I asked about that too I wanna try albatross/ gotta glow or one of the mac iridescent powders

im looking for dupes and I cant find any flattering ones... I keep seeing some hairy armed girl
msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 3:10pm
Im on my phone-grrrrrr ..ill try agin
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

I was watching what looked like an amazing vid with this girl doing the whole highlighting and contouring makeup routine. on high def cam, it looked like a dream, and she was getting mad rave comments

....then somebody posted that the face is not a flat blank surface...that contouring and highlighting in real life, looked obvious, regardless of blending, and made their faces look"dirty" 

....now i want to ask all the makeup buffs of BHM.....how does this all look irl...like what kind of comments have you got when youre wearing your beatface, complete with highlights and contouring, out to dinner, at work, at the mall, whatever?

I tried contouring once and my mom told me I look like I had ashes on my face. 

Nev. Er. Again. 
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

Doesn't take that long
When your a student anything that takes longer than a shower is too long.LOL
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 11:47am
Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

I tried contouring once and my mom told me I look like I had ashes on my face. 

Nev. Er. Again. 

LMAOLOL
Majesty02 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majesty02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by Journey94 Journey94 wrote:

In pics your features can be blurred out and not stand out which is why they create the 3 dimensional look with contouring & highlighting, you don't need dramatic contouring in real life, we are already in a 3 dimensional world.

It looks ridiculous imo. Like I can clearly she that bright ass line on your nose, at least try to blend. That chick Sevyn Streeter is a constant offender or this, noticeable contour,

goodness

Jezzzzus why ?  Cry
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Not related to the topic at hand.......

WF i found a new makeup place in the springs terrys cosmetics, a company and distributor for many brands. They do not use icky ass Beauty Concepts (the number one distributor for the darn island-so everywhere carry the same ish) like every raas body else. YASSSSSSSSSSSS

ooh, yeah, man mi know bout Terri...just bought mascara and corrector/concealer palette there a week ago. knew her from before she got the store. i kinda hate walking through the salon to get to the store...but her customer service is excellentThumbs Up. she will wait for you after closing time, if she knows youre coming. 
i plan to go back...she is supposed to be getting Bobbi Brown foundations and im dying to try it
i agree, she carries products thats hard to get your hands on 

i wanna go up to the MAC store to get the face and body foundation...but i can just imagine the snooty fakeness up there. Wannabe's make my skin itch
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 3:35pm
I tried contouring once and it looked crazy. Not to mention when i rubbed my nose, it got jacked up.

and Idk...when i meet women out in pubic with super heavy makeup on...its like i can't see them or even hear what they are trying to say. its like I get caught up in the mystery of what they really look like. 

I doubt your average woman wants to look any of those ladies on youtube. 

the only person on there that I've seen give real women makeup tips is Goss Makeup Artist... he is the best! I really need him to get a show on tv or something because he covers it all...high end, low end, fine lines, sunburn, dark spots, etc...

http://gossmakeupartist.com/
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style