FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

high lift tint on virgin hair?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
eboni1 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboni1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: high lift tint on virgin hair?
    Posted: Nov 24 2010 at 8:58am
i want to colour my virgin malaysian hair from natural black to  a colour 3/4.has any one tried high lift tint instead of bleach and colour deposit?
Sponsored Links

peacock_maiden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacock_maiden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2010 at 10:16am
I have used the Loreal Hi Lift Burgundy with 30 or 40 volume peroxide  on my virgin units before.  It turned out very nice.  
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2010 at 11:08am
hmmmmm it may work, but please the color on the box will not get you those results.  I would really suggest you doing it in two parts, lifte then deposit.  that way you control the color and get the results you're looking for!
eboni1 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboni1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2010 at 11:11am
Originally posted by peacock_maiden peacock_maiden wrote:

I have used the Loreal Hi Lift Burgundy with 30 or 40 volume peroxide  on my virgin units before.  It turned out very nice.  

how many levels did it lift.from 1b-3 or 4?
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2010 at 11:55am
I have to say, I agree with 510queen.. do it in stages.   With a high quality oil/cream based bleach, it is not more damaging, just more time.  But better control.

I wear reds and it is tricky to get precisely the color I want.  I colored a virgin unit to about a level 6 with a HighLift color (I used Wella Magma) and it came out nice, no damage that I can tell!  But the color was a bit too dark and bright for what I was going for.  Since I did it in one step, I can't really change the color now (especially not lighter, I don't want to rebleach!)   

My next virgin unit (ahem on order from the FGLU sale) I will do in a two step process, I'm experimenting on virgin weft hair with Paul Mitchell dual purpose bleach and color after.. I like the better control I get.  PLUS bleaching the hair first helps with them knots! 
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2010 at 12:02pm
and wella is exspensive BUT  its great, an alternative to wella is Ion color brilliance works beautifully!  cream oiled base bleach and it wont dry the hair out when bleaching
eboni1 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboni1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2010 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by 510QUEEN 510QUEEN wrote:

and wella is exspensive BUT  its great, an alternative to wella is Ion color brilliance works beautifully!  cream oiled base bleach and it wont dry the hair out when bleaching

can i get this from sallys?Geek
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2010 at 1:56pm
You can't get the Magma (the highlift) from Sallys... I got it from an Ebay seller.  You used to be able to get the Wella cream/oil lightener from Sallys - but it's been discontinued!  I personally don't know if Sally's carries a good cream/oil lightener??  I got the Paul Mitchell stuff (powder with dried oils in it) on EBay, too.

hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2010 at 2:03pm
Oh, sorry; you were asking about the Ion.  I guess you can!

http://www.sallybeauty.com/Powder-Lightener/ION03,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair05-04

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply