Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - High Definition Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection
 

High Definition Wigs

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
CreatingALegacy View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 30 2011
Location: Atlanta
Status: Offline
Points: 1134
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CreatingALegacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 8:01am
These remind me of these HD Wigs this UK Vendor sells. Only difference I'm guessing is this company takes a mold of you actual hairline. No idea how that carries over with ordering online but here they are..  
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 29 2011
Location: Amsterdam
Status: Offline
Points: 22513
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

is this the same company you guys are talking about? They do look nice though.


 
Umm I have seen this video before - the hair looks nice except of course for the lacquered down baby hair. That look bizzarro.
 
- the models have their own hairline showing - just like I mentioned seeing in the earlier pic from Bella. So this is not the same as the LF we use where your own hairline does not show.
 
However, Bella has remarked 3 times ... that her own hairline was not being shown in that pic.
 
So which one is it?
 
- The hair looks nice but ... it looks just as nice as the hair I get from the CV. Even if the hair quality is better (and that would be a hard sell to me) the quality cannot be so much better that I would spend 4000 adverse to the 220 I pay right now. I mean ... HOW CAN the hair quality be that much different such that it warrants this huge price difference? It would have to be lined in gold.
 
Again, allll toooooo secretive to get my money.


Edited by Printer_Ink - Nov 13 2013 at 12:59pm
Back to Top
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 29 2011
Location: Amsterdam
Status: Offline
Points: 22513
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by CreatingALegacy CreatingALegacy wrote:

These remind me of these HD Wigs this UK Vendor sells. Only difference I'm guessing is this company takes a mold of you actual hairline. No idea how that carries over with ordering online but here they are..  
 
 
I've heard about these too. They look nice and the prices are more reasonable .. more like a regular AV or UK Vendor.
 
Still no different than buying a unit from a CV.
Back to Top
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 29 2011
Location: Amsterdam
Status: Offline
Points: 22513
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Peacnik Peacnik wrote:

[Links inserted below]
I purchased an HDH wig a few years ago and, IMHO, the quality is exceptional.  I've purchased wigs from several CVs and I was often disappointed with the quality of the hair.  With my HDH wig, I have virtually no shedding and virtually no tangling and I'm still wearing it.  HDH said that they use European hair and that the hair, alone, costs them $400. 

In addition to the hair quality, I like the ease of wear.  Since HDH creates a custom-fit cap from a mold that they make, and since the HDH portion of the cap is made of latex, I use no adhesives, no combs, and no hair pins.  Nothing!  Yet the cap fits snugly and securely.  I love the fact that I can put it on and take it off myself with no fuss and no expenditure of time.   Anyway, I don't know how to apply adhesives myself.

The downside of the latex is that it's hot, especially for women of a certain age.  Wink  But the latex, which is custom dyed to match my precise skin-tone, looks like my natural scalp.  Thus, there are no grids in the HDH section.  The size of the HD section is variable depending on the client's budget.  For people on TV, given the technology today, the entire wig probably must be HD.  For regular folks like me, we can save money by purchasing a cap that has just a few inches of HD all around the front perimeter.

Since I use no adhesives, there's no "
application" to speak of.  The baby hair is designed to camouflage the perimeter of the wig cap for those of us who have alopecia.  I really like the length, texture and color of their baby hair, which is infinitely more realistic than any baby hair that I've received from a CV.  However, like another commenter, I don't care for the look of the baby hair flattened down against the wearer's skin.  It appears unnatural to me and draws too much attention to the hairline.  Plus, to achieve that look, HDH advises that clients wet the baby hair and tie it down with a scarf for half an hour.  Who has time to do that in the morning?  Not I.  Besides, I prefer that my baby hair look natural.

Bottom line is that I'm happy with my HDH wig and will purchase another.  For me, it's nice to buy a wig from a native English speaker with whom I can meet in person (twice) and in private to have a long, detailed discussion about what I want and to have my zillions of questions answered immediately and happily; to touch wigs that the firm has made so that I can feel the hair quality/texture before I buy; to review photos with the vendor to determine the style, texture, curl and color I prefer; to discuss my lifestyle and what sort of wig suits me best; to have a custom mold created for me by the firm that's making the wig so that there's no disconnect about what the colored markings mean; to watch while colors are blended to match my precise skin-tone for the latex....  I like the face-to-face, real-time contact with the wig-maker.  I like the personal service.

Below is a photo of my wig when new and uncut, on the stand that came with it. 

P.S.  Sorry ladies.  I've been trying to post on this thread for a few days now, but this website has NOT been cooperating.  Very frustrating.  Just logging-in requires a dozen attempts and when I've tried to post I've gotten an error message.  Now, for the first time, my message posted but my photo isn't showing up.  If I can figure this out any time this yearConfused, I will add the photo. 

P.P.S.  Thanks very much, Sugabanana, for the tips.  I hope these links work.  There's just one photo:

http://tinypic.com/r/2mzgrae/5
http://i44.tinypic.com/2mzgrae.jpg

 
If this works for you - then okay.Tongue
 
In my experience with CV, the hair on the units are of good quality and I don't have any trouble communicating with CVs. I never receive a unit and just put it on my head though. I always thin the sides and customize the short baby hair etc such that I can wear it behind my ears.
 
The only thing that I really do like about this concept is the cap construction .. when they say they mold it to your head. That holds my interest for sure ... but again .. there is no detail or samples of this construction on their site.
 
I read somewhere years ago about a kind of suction cap such that once it's on you head ... it stays - so that sounds good, but I don't think this is what they are doing here right? If you are not using glue or tape .. that means you are holding it on with 'hairpins' right? Now this would be a major fail for me as I am very active. So clearly these units are not like LF units.
 
Your pic looks nice - though the look is not my style ... at all.
 
I think when the readers here see pictures like yours we all think the same thing  - why are you showing the wig from a distance like that? Because it's not just that the 'hair' looks good - you can style the hair to look any way you want for it  to look for a picture.
 
It's the construction of the edges and the cap etc. That is the number one issue on this thread and in all the 5 years that I have been reading this thread .. there has been NOT ONE PICTURE showing the hairline up close and the underside cap constructin. Not one.
 
If you order from a CV he will send to many pics of the hairline underside, texture, color, lace and the list goes on .. so that if you know what you want you can immediately determine what you like. This vendor - no.
 
But I think if they can sell one wig for 4000, they don't really care about pulling in a great volume of customers like the CV do where you only pay 250.
 
I repeat .. the number one question .. is about the edges/hairline ad the cap construction.
 
Anyway, if you are happy with your purchase - that's fine.


Edited by Printer_Ink - Nov 13 2013 at 3:29pm
Back to Top
growlonghair View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Jul 16 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 1154
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote growlonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Peacnik Peacnik wrote:

[Links inserted below]
I purchased an HDH wig a few years ago and, IMHO, the quality is exceptional.  I've purchased wigs from several CVs and I was often disappointed with the quality of the hair.  With my HDH wig, I have virtually no shedding and virtually no tangling and I'm still wearing it.  HDH said that they use European hair and that the hair, alone, costs them $400. 

In addition to the hair quality, I like the ease of wear.  Since HDH creates a custom-fit cap from a mold that they make, and since the HDH portion of the cap is made of latex, I use no adhesives, no combs, and no hair pins.  Nothing!  Yet the cap fits snugly and securely.  I love the fact that I can put it on and take it off myself with no fuss and no expenditure of time.   Anyway, I don't know how to apply adhesives myself.

The downside of the latex is that it's hot, especially for women of a certain age.  Wink  But the latex, which is custom dyed to match my precise skin-tone, looks like my natural scalp.  Thus, there are no grids in the HDH section.  The size of the HD section is variable depending on the client's budget.  For people on TV, given the technology today, the entire wig probably must be HD.  For regular folks like me, we can save money by purchasing a cap that has just a few inches of HD all around the front perimeter.

Since I use no adhesives, there's no "
application" to speak of.  The baby hair is designed to camouflage the perimeter of the wig cap for those of us who have alopecia.  I really like the length, texture and color of their baby hair, which is infinitely more realistic than any baby hair that I've received from a CV.  However, like another commenter, I don't care for the look of the baby hair flattened down against the wearer's skin.  It appears unnatural to me and draws too much attention to the hairline.  Plus, to achieve that look, HDH advises that clients wet the baby hair and tie it down with a scarf for half an hour.  Who has time to do that in the morning?  Not I.  Besides, I prefer that my baby hair look natural.

Bottom line is that I'm happy with my HDH wig and will purchase another.  For me, it's nice to buy a wig from a native English speaker with whom I can meet in person (twice) and in private to have a long, detailed discussion about what I want and to have my zillions of questions answered immediately and happily; to touch wigs that the firm has made so that I can feel the hair quality/texture before I buy; to review photos with the vendor to determine the style, texture, curl and color I prefer; to discuss my lifestyle and what sort of wig suits me best; to have a custom mold created for me by the firm that's making the wig so that there's no disconnect about what the colored markings mean; to watch while colors are blended to match my precise skin-tone for the latex....  I like the face-to-face, real-time contact with the wig-maker.  I like the personal service.

Below is a photo of my wig when new and uncut, on the stand that came with it. 

P.S.  Sorry ladies.  I've been trying to post on this thread for a few days now, but this website has NOT been cooperating.  Very frustrating.  Just logging-in requires a dozen attempts and when I've tried to post I've gotten an error message.  Now, for the first time, my message posted but my photo isn't showing up.  If I can figure this out any time this yearConfused, I will add the photo. 

P.P.S.  Thanks very much, Sugabanana, for the tips.  I hope these links work.  There's just one photo:

http://tinypic.com/r/2mzgrae/5
http://i44.tinypic.com/2mzgrae.jpg

Can you please turn the wig inside out we would like to see the wig construction!
Back to Top
growlonghair View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Jul 16 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 1154
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote growlonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 2:58pm
Back to Top
growlonghair View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Jul 16 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 1154
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote growlonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 3:28pm
Back to Top
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 29 2011
Location: Amsterdam
Status: Offline
Points: 22513
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 12:38am
Um what do these links have to do with HDH?
Back to Top
growlonghair View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Jul 16 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 1154
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote growlonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 7:46am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Um what do these links have to do with HDH?
This is my intepretation of what these High Definition Wigs are. WinkNo one has ever posted a picture of the lace construction. I suspect its just regular thin skin which is really nothing new except that this company takes it one step further and makes a mould of your head. Wink
Back to Top
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 29 2011
Location: Amsterdam
Status: Offline
Points: 22513
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 1:26pm
That's a good point Thumbs Up .. so then the $4000 is just for having the unit sized to your head and the 'good' hair quality.
 
Well, like JP Barnum said ... 'there's a sucker born every day!'Clap
 
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down