Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

High Cheekbones and Straight Black Hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 12:46pm
Especially if the lie is generations old

How many of us have been told by our relatives about our "great great Native" ancestor by an elder? Why should have we believe that they were lying?

Why would any mixed looking Black person rather be mixed with White than NA given our history?

I ain't mad

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

it actually makes sense to me that a person would rather claim NA ancestry when question about their or their childs obvious race mixture, rather than admitting being a product of rape.
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 12:46pm
Aww Don Cheadle and his family

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 12:47pm
The Gates family. Not sure which brother he is.

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

I would rather claim NA then Irish, the Irish are considered the European Niqqas. Unhappy

Many Black families know the truth but still keep those lies going. 
The lightbrights in my fam love to claim creole knowing damn well they are lying. The problem is after a few generations, no one knows whats truth or fiction anymore.

but thats why i dont call it a lie tho.  people are just believing the folklore thats been told in their family.
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

What is also ironic is those cheekbones came from our African Ancestors.

Yesss and the slanted eyes usually too. I am so tired of that argument.

yupLOL

Someone asked me about their eyes.. I said they were similar to Fatima from ANTM few seasons back.. she got offended
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 12:50pm

I would rather claim NA the Irish, the Irish are considered the European Niqqas. Unhappy

The lightbrights in my fam love to claim creole knowing damn well they are lying. The problem is after a few generations, no one knows whats truth or fiction anymore.

What in your opinion makes someone Creole? I always consider Creole (in the mixed sense) as someone who is mixed from far back. Most likely with a French last name. Nearly everyone in their fam is light skinned, not from recent mixture. Like a person with a white parent and a black parent wouldn't be Creole to me.

Edited by liesnalibis - Apr 21 2014 at 12:51pm
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 12:52pm
My mother used to tell us of her grandmother (my great) who was native but she had nothing good to say.  She said she hated them, was abusive and always told them how ugly they were.  I don't claim that heifer.  Even if it was a damn lie.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

My mother used to tell us of her grandmother (my great) who was native but she had nothing good to say.  She said she hated them, was abusive and always told them how ugly they were.  I don't claim that heifer.  Even if it was a damn lie.

It probably was the truth then. That's one way historians try to ascertain the veracity of historical statements. If a person says something negative about themselves or their own side then it's more likely to me true.
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 12:54pm
I know a few people who say their creole, NA or Indian grandmas were mean
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 12:54pm
Creole people are descended from the Spanish and French settlers of early Louisiana and are generally of African descent

Just like how Cajuns are descendants of the expelled French Canadians of Acadia

It's a particular lineage

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

I would rather claim NA the Irish, the Irish are considered the European Niqqas. Unhappy

What in your opinion makes someone Creole? I always consider Creole (in the mixed sense) as someone who is mixed from far back. Most likely with a French last name. Nearly everyone in their fam is light skinned, not from recent mixture. Like a person with a white parent and a black parent wouldn't be Creole to me.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic