Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
IndianHairCompany.com

Hey TMMers!!! Tootsies in the house!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Perfect Hair Collection

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Kiwistardust View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwistardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by carrie carrie wrote:

Originally posted by Bekah Bekah wrote:

That's all I use now Clap
Your mom is a genius
+1

+1
Sponsored Links

bellabella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 5:37pm
I've recently started wearing lace wigs and had a friend at work ask me today if I glued my lace wig down as it looked so flat LOL.
I would never use glue as I hate the idea of losing my hairline or taking risks with chemicals after all the horror stories I have heard! Thanks Tootsie and your mom.
Tootsie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tootsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 7:46pm
Awww u guys! I am sooo happy that this method has worked for u just as much as it has for me! I mean I was really jacking my hairline up with the tapes and glues because my skin is so sensitve and the glue would just eat me up and I just didnt know how I would continue to wear my beloved wigs much longer until I just happened to ask my mom when I went to visit her what the heck she did to get hers to lay so flat because she swore she would never use glue and thats when she was like girl just sew a piece of elastic in and bam!!! It was all she wrote lol!

Now the only thing I do differently is use a wider piece of elastic and I dont even bother sewing combs on the sides... just one in the back and how I keep the back of the unit from flapping is by placing the unit on my head, pinching the two back- end sides together and sew them semi-tight to fit my head so that the back lace doesnt flap anymore! Then I just use small bobby-pins on the sides and Im done! Oh and sometimes I will use the Got to Be Glue gel/cream on the sides but that gel is hard to clean off too so I dont use it very often.
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 11:06pm
Hi Tootsie!  Gurl, your mom has become an adjective!  lol!

Also, I cannot find the link, dang it, it think it was on yt, but there is a vendor who is making lws with an elastic band in it, similar to the tmm.  That is when I knew bhm has become a site of innovation and originators (despite all the messiness that happens here sometimes)!

Don't be a stranger!Smile 
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2013 at 1:14am
I love this method! I was so intimidated by lace wigs and afraid of losing my hairline. Tootsie, this method give me so much freedom! I can look cute while growing out my hair, I'm so glad I. found this little trick. A million thanks is not enough!
Lwhite1960 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lwhite1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2013 at 8:07am
Your mom's method has been a god send to me. While fighting cancer it was hard to use any adhesive because of the chemotherapy. Then all those weeks I spent in the hospital because the chemo was hurting my body.

Now i just slide a tiny bit of Got2BeGlued across my forehead place the unit on (Props to RankinFile) and go to work. Removal is a breeze and clean up is too (warm water and a microfiber cloth). I hope my new hair (chemo-curly) grows long enough to hide the lace on my units( which I have to sew to fit). 

Thank your mom for me and ask her what else has she discovered?

Bekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2013 at 8:41am
Originally posted by MizzAmirah MizzAmirah wrote:

Originally posted by Bekah Bekah wrote:

That's all I use now Clap
Your mom is a genius

/OT, what type of doog is that? Very cute.
Looks like a yorkie poo (Yorkie/Poodle)
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2013 at 9:47am
Hey!!!  Tootsie....i've never used the "Tootsie's Mom" method but I was here when u first posted that thread.  May I say..........I was mad on your moms behalf when maybe a day or 2 later somebody popped up on the YT talmbout 'elastic band' method that they came up with.LOL  I am 99% sure that no such "method" was even on the YT before you posted that thread because I was on YT 24/7 watchin' wig videos and reviews at the time.  I was just like "please...you know where you got that".  smh.

While i'm sure you and your mom don't care....I was incensed. I took it personal.LOL I should prolly put this in the "confessions" thread.LOL

Edited by newdiva1 - Jan 19 2013 at 9:47am
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2013 at 9:55am
Originally posted by PeacefulOne PeacefulOne wrote:

Hi Tootsie!  Gurl, your mom has become an adjective!  lol!

Also, I cannot find the link, dang it, it think it was on yt, but there is a vendor who is making lws with an elastic band in it, similar to the tmm.  That is when I knew bhm has become a site of innovation and originators (despite all the messiness that happens here sometimes)!

Don't be a stranger!Smile 

Right peaceful.  I know vendors and other folks in the business used to lurk and prolly still lurks these threads for idea's to steal borrow and wig wearing trends.  From full silk cap to "nappy" babyhurrs to the "TM Method".  Hell....we're the reason "virgin" hair blew up.  Before then errything was "Indian Remy is the best".LOL

We ought to make a Wiki page for Tootsie's Mom and the "method".LOL

Edited by newdiva1 - Jan 19 2013 at 9:56am
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2013 at 12:59pm
Waves to Tootsie, Happy New Year!  Smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Double Leaf Wig
EvaWigs
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>