Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hexes/ Voodoo/ Witchcraft/ Demonic Possession

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 27>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2013 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by Dapheny Dapheny wrote:

Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

I never stated why I thought Haiti was cursed. I never said that it was cursed because of voodoo.

mesi beaucoup

So why is it cursed? An who cursed it?

Iueno  sumtin in the soil just aint right. The plantains never grow to their full length.LOLLOLLOLLOLim just kidding. i dont know why they say its cursed.
Sponsored Links

Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2013 at 9:20pm
Jolie I've heard that Haiti is cursed because of there open practice of voodoo.
Dapheny View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dapheny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2013 at 9:20pm

Originally posted by Dapheny Dapheny wrote:

Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

I never stated why I thought Haiti was cursed. I never said that it was cursedbecause of voodoo.

mesi beaucoup

So why is it cursed? An who cursed it?

I DAPHENY don't know why Haiti is cursed. Like I said before other Haitians have told me that Haiti is cursed, I would assume that they knw what they are talking about.
I've heard stories from making pacts with the devil for their freedom from France to too much voodoo practicing.......
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2013 at 9:21pm
It makes no sense to me ...
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2013 at 9:27pm

Originally posted by danieb23.</td></tr></table> <br />I'm not offended by the post b/c I didn't engage in the debate, so none of it was directed towards me per se. I'm simply stating that yes people may be offended when you call them ignorant when you aren't aware of what knowledge they may possess. There are those that are from Haiti that are unaware of the history, just as there are those who have never been there before and know the islands entire history. Her being/not being Haiti isn't so much relevant to her opinion/beliefs. <br /><br />But I digress. I do love a good debate though. <br />[/QUOTE danieb23.

I'm not offended by the post b/c I didn't engage in the debate, so none of it was directed towards me per se. I'm simply stating that yes people may be offended when you call them ignorant when you aren't aware of what knowledge they may possess. There are those that are from Haiti that are unaware of the history, just as there are those who have never been there before and know the islands entire history. Her being/not being Haiti isn't so much relevant to her opinion/beliefs.

But I digress. I do love a good debate though.
[/QUOTE wrote:

It's very relevant. How you gonna say a country is cursed when you don't know anything about the country or the reasons behind its difficulties? How you gonna assume that God punished a whole entire people because of their "demonic ways"? Were AAs brought into slavery because of their demonic ways too, then? Were they punished for not pleasing God?  For instance, Petite said herself she didn't know much about Haiti, yet believes it is cursed.

And I said some people might be ignorant ABOUT THIS SPECIFIC TOPIC OF HAITI AND VOODOO, not generally ignorant. I wasn't the one who called people ignant hoes. Just because someone likes to debate and bring in arguments about things he or she knows doesn't mean he/she is trying to put people down unless he/she actually is. I happen to like debate. How does that make me a dismissive know-it-all because I like to discuss things? Whoever feels that way might need to examine why they feel so easily attacked in their self-worth...

It's very relevant. How you gonna say a country is cursed when you don't know anything about the country or the reasons behind its difficulties? How you gonna assume that God punished a whole entire people because of their "demonic ways"? Were AAs brought into slavery because of their demonic ways too, then? Were they punished for not pleasing God?  For instance, Petite said herself she didn't know much about Haiti, yet believes it is cursed.

And I said some people might be ignorant ABOUT THIS SPECIFIC TOPIC OF HAITI AND VOODOO, not generally ignorant. I wasn't the one who called people ignant hoes. Just because someone likes to debate and bring in arguments about things he or she knows doesn't mean he/she is trying to put people down unless he/she actually is. I happen to like debate. How does that make me a dismissive know-it-all because I like to discuss things? Whoever feels that way might need to examine why they feel so easily attacked in their self-worth...
[/QUOTE]

That's not what I said. I said her being/ not being from Haiti is irrelevant. Do you have to be from a place to know its history? Do you having ancestry from there make you more knowledgable? No.

A lot of people feel offended by you, including this thread. Maybe you should examine how your font comes off. ::Kanye shrug::

That's all I said and that's the point. This extends a lot further than this argument, but I don't care to debate it because frankly...I don't care you can look at this objectively or keep doing you. Either way, ::Kanye shrug::

Edited by danieb23 - Dec 01 2013 at 9:29pm
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2013 at 9:35pm
^^I'm telling you what my intent is when I type. Now if you choose not to believe that I'm being honest and if you want to believe that I'm being "uppity", there's nothing I can do about it, can I? *Kanye shrug*. I'm not gonna apologize for having opinions and stating them. I'ma keep being me.

Also, no you don't have to be from a place to know about it. But you have to at least have read about the history of a place to make any type of semi-accurate judgments about it, no?

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Dec 01 2013 at 9:39pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2013 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Jolie I've heard that Haiti is cursed because of there open practice of voodoo.
Of course, that's the reason. That's why haitians and non-haitians alike say it too, it's this attitude of Christian/eurocentric supremacy and religious fervour.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2013 at 9:41pm
Thanks for killing such an entertaining topic.....
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2013 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Thanks for killing such an entertaining topic.....
LOL, you're welcome
patternsandtexture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2013 at 9:58pm
Lol
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System