Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Hes wrong because youre Positive?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hes wrong because youre Positive?
    Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 11:54pm
Jose's thread reminded me that I wanted to ask y'all/talk(?) about this.

so on my FB a friend of mine (who is positive) tole a story that basically said he was going out on a date with this guy and decided to be up front about his status before the date.  He said the guy kinda freaked out, called off the date and gave him a "we can be friends" talk.   He was hurt and that sucks but what got me was the folks blaming the guy. 

I understand being supportive of my friend but I didn't think anything bad of the guy because he ain't want a physical relationship because of my friends status.  Not everybody wants to take that risk.  I simply tole my friend that i'm sorry for his hurt but to continue being upfront. I think most of the folks who commented condemning the guy would not knowingly date a person who is positive.

So I guess my question is ...hell...I don't know what my question is but what do you guys think?

Edited by newdiva1 - Jul 13 2014 at 11:55pm
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 11:55pm
seems like gay guys, especially the positive ones, like to shame other guys for not wanting to sleep with them.  i have seen that attitude a lot across the net.  it's very backwards.

also, undetectable is the new negative.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Jul 13 2014 at 11:57pm
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 11:57pm
no offense but it was a first date for both right? was that other guy expecting "something" on the first date to call it off?

that is a damn shame for ur friend...i personally think if he is starting out with someone new and if it takes off from there, then tell that other person so not to waste either's time....good he was up front and all, but not on the first date if that is all it is going to be ..a date and no expectations of it afterwards...if there is, then of course tell the other person...
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 12:01am
yup it was to be a first date.  my friend is looking to settle down or a monogamous relationship. 

oh and not to shame or shade my friend but...it usually doesn't take long before his relationships get physical.  That actually goes for all my gay male friends.

of course i'm not saying all gay men are fast in the sack.

Edited by newdiva1 - Jul 14 2014 at 12:04am
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 12:02am
he shouldn't be that bent out of shape about it...a lot of people are willing to be in a mixed status relationship.  i have a straight male friend that did it for a female.
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 12:03am
I think the "date" did what he decided was best for him. 

Meme0887 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meme0887 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 12:04am
They have websites for positive people.. he'll have better luck with that
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 12:05am
^^^^^i'll tell him to look into that.  My buddies seem to love Grindr and those types of things tho.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 12:07am
i've thought of my question.  I guess my question is how are you gonna shame someone for not wanting to deal with your health situation?  I mean...it ain't like it's not a serious thing.  Cause I know good and dang well I personally could not date a man that I knew was positive. *shrugs*
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 12:11am
it's normal to not want a potentially fatal disease

Be real.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon