Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Henry Louis Gates New Series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 19>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 4:21am
I knew there was something I was supposed to watch.
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 4:28am
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

Just watched it... another amazing episode.

I was thinking about the differences that have come to define Malcolm and Martins approach to civil rights as Malcolm was a product of a more North Eastern philosophy that was more fast pace(we want freedom and we want it now) and financially driven, While Martin was a southerner, a southern gentlemen. There lifestyles where totally different.

And I always knew their was a certain amount of sexism within the civil right struggle     

heck yeah there was.  my gramma even tole me as much.  alot of ninja's like to talk about the glory days before feminism n'sh*t but won't acknowledge the real sh*t that went on behind the scenes.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 4:31am
i'll most likely have to catch this on DVD.  The green book?  *goes to google*
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 4:34am
Originally posted by OoDles O hella good noodles OoDles O hella good noodles wrote:

Can we get a new Green book with black businesses as well as white owned an
operated businesses that might have civil rights infractions? just saying.

heck naw they ain't gone make another one.  we just might support ours. they'll do a jedi mindtrick and say it's "reverse racism".
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 4:50am
They're all on PBS.org.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 4:52am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I like how they mentioned some black were not on board with the civil rights movement

I think many believe all blacks during that time were for it

I also liked how it showed how a lot of the youth came together and were a major part of the movement, even though some of their elders were "against" it

Black folk like to pretend like we were all united and down for the cause.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 8:49am
And they were genuinely afraid.   Death was an absolute possibility but what they failed to see was the strength in numbers.  This is why Malcolm said you have to be willing to die or don't even talk about freedom. 
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 9:25am
Okay black people are amazing.  I really wish our young people now were more aware of our journey.
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 9:29am
I can not watch on PBS now..saying cannot load..
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 9:37am
Originally posted by MsBMW MsBMW wrote:

I can not watch on PBS now..saying cannot load..

Keep trying.  That happened to me last week and after about 5 minutes I was able to play it. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 19>
  Share Topic