Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
IndianHairCompany.com

Henry Louis Gates New Series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Perfect Hair Collection

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:12pm
Yes Rumy!! and then they had to tone it down again so they could have someone to do the damn work.  SMMFH. 
Sponsored Links

Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:50pm

Also, you can really understand how white women have such a sense of entitlement.

For a woman even young girl to have the power to have a man hung on her word... is powerful.

The picture of the man tied to the pole being whooped by a white man with the young black boy watching (the expression on his face) broke my heart...

Edited by Rumbera - Nov 13 2013 at 12:52pm
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Also, you can really understand how white women have such a sense of entitlement.

For a woman even young girl to have the power to have a man hung on her word... is powerful.

The picture of the man tied to the pole being whooped by a white man with the young black boy watching (the expression on his face) broke my heart...

And this is where I break with those who blame us alone for being so separate and not sticking together.   Who don't understand why we have had such a hard time thriving socially and economically in this country.   No other group has suffered this level of domestic terrorism.  NOT ONE.  They decided to be very cohesive and outspoken and it actually became life or death.   White people could do all of that and and nobody would suddenly be afraid and start lynching and killing random white people.  

Our LIVING ancestors grew up in this terrorist state.  Even in places like NYC and Philadelphia they killed black people in riots in the streets over what they perceived as loss of jobs.  White privilege is harmless until its not.
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 7:36pm
Just about to bump
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 7:38pm
Crazy how different the experiences between northern and southern were.

I really wonder what they would think now
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 7:46pm
I just got home from hubby's b-day dinner. About to catch up. Probably post some thoughts tomorrow. Cant believe next week is the last episode already!!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 7:49pm
Amazing <3
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 7:50pm
Damn stokely

Eta: they really left us no leadership (government/white ppl) all those amazing leaders and changes we created feels like we didn't learn

Edited by HaitianDiva64 - Nov 19 2013 at 7:55pm
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 7:59pm
I missed the first half
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 1:15am
Just watched it... another amazing episode.

I was thinking about the differences that have come to define Malcolm and Martins approach to civil rights as Malcolm was a product of a more North Eastern philosophy that was more fast pace(we want freedom and we want it now) and financially driven, While Martin was a southerner, a southern gentlemen. There lifestyles where totally different.

And I always knew their was a certain amount of sexism within the civil right struggle     
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Double Leaf Wig
EvaWigs
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Senghori Shells
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>