BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Henry Louis Gates New Series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 20>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 9:20pm
Ok I will save my comments for after watching.... this man has been so Biased in the past its hard to tell if he is positive or negative 
I stop trusting when He did his DNA testing stating that he is 51% European
Sponsored Links

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

mostly the western parts of africa but also parts of sudan, mali and some other places i can't remember. the truth is out there. if you're genuinely interested, you just gotta dig it up.  

That's what I'm doing right now. I can believe that there is an element of the slaves that were traded to the European that were Israelites, I just can't conceive of them being the majority. Not to the point of stating that people of the diaspora are descended from a completely different people altogether. Did any of these Israelites settle in places like the Congo, Benin or Cameroon, for example? We're talking about as much as 100 million people taken from Africa. I don,t think there could have been that many at the time of the trade that were Israelites to satisfy Europeans' gruesome appetites to populate all of the Americas. But I don't know much about it, so I'll read up.
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

just went to PBS.org and i get this "we're sorry but this video is not available in your region due to rights restrictions. merde!

HD so you never rate other Cbn nation before that?! I'm kidding. Which book that now? tell me bout it

The song Many rivers to cross is stuck in my head now LOLCry

Lol I just never here of any other island trying to revolt. It's a novel aboutone of the biggest revolts in Jamaica and it was lead by 5/6 women. Even though it ended up failing it just shed a lot of light about how hard a revolt was even though slavrs out numbered whites.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

just went to PBS.org and i get this "we're sorry but this video is not available in your region due to rights restrictions. merde!

HD so you never rate other Cbn nation before that?! I'm kidding. Which book that now? tell me bout it

The song Many rivers to cross is stuck in my head now LOLCry

Lol I just never here of any other island trying to revolt. It's a novel aboutone of the biggest revolts in Jamaica and it was lead by 5/6 women. Even though it ended up failing it just shed a lot of light about how hard a revolt was even though slavrs out numbered whites.

Sounds like a book I'll have to pick up, not familiar with it. But you had never heard of the maroons before? There were revolts in various islands, they just didn't succeed in overthrowing the system except for Haiti (come to think of it, Haiti didn't really succeed completely either, when you look at it. The mullatos kind of took over where the whites left off, when you think about it)

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Oct 22 2013 at 9:44pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 9:46pm
In the documentary, they said that Washington had about 500 slaves. Which is a lot, but I remember hearing that the name Washington was the most predominant name amongst AAs. Can anyone explain that further?
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 9:56pm
i'm watching now but gates confuses the hell out of me. i'm sorry. 

i just can't understand how someone who claims to be so proud of their history not only constantly points out the white part of their makeup but also marry white.

its like the linebacker from the patriots shouting about the greatness of team only to walk around wearing a falcon's jersey everyday. silly analogy, i know, but still...i'm just baffled.

anyway, why don't we ever hear anything about the trans saharan slave trade? the arabs/muslims were all up in the slave trade mix. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

i'm watching now but gates confuses the hell out of me. i'm sorry. 

i just can't understand how someone who claims to be so proud of their history not only constantly points out the white part of their makeup but also marry white.

its like the linebacker from the patriots shouting about the greatness of team only to walk around wearing a falcon's jersey everyday. silly analogy, i know, but still...i'm just baffled.

anyway, why don't we ever hear anything about the trans saharan slave trade? the arabs/muslims were all up in the slave trade mix. 

Yeah, his insistence on underlying his black guests' partial white DNA (and his own) can be annoying. I personally think that the numbers are inflated anyway. But I can't say the mentality surprises me. It's something that blacks of the diaspora are infected with, really. Always hanging on so tight to their otherness. But the good info in his documentaries outweigh the suspect info, imo.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Oct 22 2013 at 10:14pm
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

if you check pbs.org you can find the time for the repeat in your area

for NYC its re-airing at 1:00 am if you want to record it tonight

Tatee I checked my cable guide  and it said Thursday at midnight lemme check again.

Diane im sorry.  i went to set my dvr and realized i had the wrong date.  it is thursday.
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 10:32pm
i agree, jolie. as far as gates is concerned, i'ma just leave it alone for now. take the marrow and throw out the bone. 

just wanna throw this out there as something that might aide in your search about the distinctions between the races. 

Quote Zondervan's Compact Bible Dictionary: Ham - The youngest son of Noah, born probably about 96 years before the Flood; and one of eight persons to live through the Flood. He became the progenitor of the dark races; not the Negroes.

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 10:36pm
can't remember exactly what website i found the quote from. i copy and pasted before i saved the link. but you can copy paste the entire quote in a google search to verify its accuracy. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 20>
  Share Topic