Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Henna-ing with Apple Cider Vinegar

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
nappystraight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nappystraight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Henna-ing with Apple Cider Vinegar
    Posted: Aug 16 2010 at 10:50am
I wish I never did this. My hair is damaged like never before in all my life, including when I was relaxed.  After hearing about the acidity and PH of this product, I am so regretting this.  I just cut all the damage off and it is still breaking. Warning if you henna, use 4 bags of green tea and NOT apple cider vinegar.  I would only use it ACV as a rinse, and even then I would dilute with water.
Sponsored Links

EbnCurly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EbnCurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2010 at 12:37pm
I'm sorry to hear this Unhappy
What kind of damage did you experience?  I use ACV in my henna all the time and have experienced no damage.  But i do super deep condition after and i coat my scalp and hair before
nappystraight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nappystraight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2010 at 2:58pm
breakage at the ends and overall dryness.  I slept in it. It's good that you coat your scalp and hair before though. Maybe that dilutes it somehow.
DarkEyes View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2010 at 10:21pm
How much ACV did you use?

mstoya25 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstoya25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2010 at 11:22pm
I've never had any problems with acv, but sorry to hear that. Are you sure you used the correct (BAQ) henna?
lala71848 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lala71848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2010 at 12:14am
I never even knew people were using ACv with henna. I thought u were only suppose to use lemon juice if you wanted to add color to it. Which is wat I do. I haven't received any breakage from that method but my hair does tend to be a lil dry so I would just follow-up with a really good dc
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2010 at 4:46am
I henna weekly but use lemon juice. And I generally sleep in it.

I tried the ACV once and didn't like it at all.
EbnCurly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EbnCurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2010 at 12:50pm
Sounds like it may have been the type/brand of henna..... different brands do process henna differently, some use harsh additives & such.  This is the one i use - http://www.mehandi.com/shop/african/index.html
ts baby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ts baby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2010 at 9:21pm
Was this your first time and what brand did you use? Did you dc and if so how long?  Your probably having the breakage from how dry your hair is. Try deep conditioning with a moisture mask.

I usually deep condition for like two days after I henna.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply