FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedHemp seed oil side effects? Help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Fcgriffin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 8:20am
Are you taking anything to combat the insomnia?  I saw that you posted about that a while back.  
Sponsored Links

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 8:31am
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

I ingest hemp seed and I haven't experienced any side effects that you mentioned.

I believe you. I did some internet research prior to buying them and I didn't see any of this mentioned. Most people rave about it. But given what's been happening lately, I started digging a little further and that's when I found the bit about possible hallucinations in extremely sensitive people. I'm gonna take an appointment with my doctor too, but the thing is, these people are always skeptical about anything natural to start with, so I'll start with my pharmacist. This sucks.

And I believe that you experienced those side effects.  You must be really sensitive or those capsules breakdown a lot faster, or do you take the liquid?
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Fcgriffin Fcgriffin wrote:

Are you taking anything to combat the insomnia?  I saw that you posted about that a while back.  

I bought the melatonin, as my pharmacist had told me there were no known drug interactions, but I haven't started on it yet, because these hallucinations were bothering me and I don't want to add to it. I'm gonna wait before I start that.

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 9:54am
Are you taking the melatonin?

Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 9:55am

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I ingest hemp seed and I haven't experienced any side effects that you mentioned.

I believe you. I did some internet research prior to buying them and I didn't see any of this mentioned. Most people rave about it. But given what's been happening lately, I started digging a little further and that's when I found the bit about possible hallucinations in extremely sensitive people. I'm gonna take an appointment with my doctor too, but the thing is, these people are always skeptical about anything natural to start with, so I'll start with my pharmacist. This sucks.

And I believe that you experienced those side effects.  You must be really sensitive or those capsules breakdown a lot faster, or do you take the liquid?

I take the capsules. I just came back from the pharmacist. She looked in her computer and noticed no known drug interactions. I explained what is happening to me and what I found on the Internet and she says that it's possible, though. She's telling me to stop taking them for a little while and see if the symptoms stop. If the symptoms stop, I'll know it's the capsules and I'll have to stop entirely. If the symptoms don't stop, it's something else and I'll heave to see my doctor. She also told me to keep her posted to add the info in her database if it turns out that it's the hemp oil capsules.

She tells me that sometimes the capsules might have higher traces of the HRT than normal due to improper treatment and that I might also want to experience switching to the liquid form. Could be the brand.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - May 28 2013 at 9:58am
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 9:58am
oh no!  i don't use the capsules so i can't offer and insite there.....but i use the oil on my hair.  if i use to much it will irritate my scalp and now that you mention it i think i was having very vivid dreams as well when i used to much...hmmmmm.  hope you figure out what is causing the this.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 10:00am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

oh no!  i don't use the capsules so i can't offer and insite there.....but i use the oil on my hair.  if i use to much it will irritate my scalp and now that you mention it i think i was having very vivid dreams as well when i used to much...hmmmmm.  hope you figure out what is causing the this.

If you're not ingesting the stuff, it sounds unlikely that it would cause your vivid dreams, but then again, I don't know. In theory, these hallucinations only happen to a very few people, from the info I've gathered. You have to be extremely sensitive to it for this to occur. So I'll stop for a while to see what happens and keep you guys posted.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 10:04am
good lawd...that post of mine is awful!!!  that's what i get for typing so fast.  lol

anyway, please let us know...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 10:07am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

good lawd...that post of mine is awful!!!  that's what i get for typing so fast.  lol

anyway, please let us know...

LOL, I still had no problems understanding what you said. Happens to me all the time, I type at a mile a minute. I'll pull this thread back up in a few days to let you all know what's what.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 10:09am
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

Are you taking the melatonin?

Not yet. I'm holding off on that, considering what's happening now. I have bought it, though. It's in my cabinet.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic