Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

helpppp! bleached hair too light

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
love_angel011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love_angel011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: helpppp! bleached hair too light
    Posted: May 31 2014 at 5:29pm
Soooo I wanted to add color to my new lace wig and I had an idea in my head of what I wanted, it was kind of similar to this http://therighthairstyles.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Sandra-Bullock-Ombre-Hair.jpeg?809b47 a dark/brown ombre with lightened ends/tips but what I got was far from that.  I guess I didn't know what i was doing because the bleach processed super fast and the color was lighter than I wanted. right now the hair is deep conditioning so i won't know if the color is too light for me to wear but, if I decide to put a darker rinse on top will it still work if I use the rinse after the hair has been dried/ the next day (i can't run to the bss right now) or do you have to put the rinse on immediately after washing out the bleach for the darker color to show?

Edited by love_angel011 - May 31 2014 at 5:31pm
Sponsored Links

ChelseaLabelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ChelseaLabelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 6:29pm
As far as the rinse it wouldnt matter if you did it today or 2 days from now it will turn out the same. The rinse should act like a toner or you can get a regular semi permanent dye and put it over the blonde.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love_angel011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 10:57pm
thank you!! also, would a box dye be considered semi-permanent? if so, how long do they recommend you wait after bleaching your hair to use the box dye? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChelseaLabelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 11:06pm
You would have to read the back of the box or ask someone at the bss if a particular box dye is semi permanent or permanent and you do not have to wait at all if it is semi permanent color. Colors have levels 1 which is darkest brown / black and 10 which is lightest blonde . if you can figure out the level then I recommend that you go maybe 2 levels darker .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love_angel011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 10:53am
ok my last question is, if the hair came out with a orange brassiness will I need a toner or purple shampoo to get some of the orange out before applying the rinse?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ChelseaLabelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 2:06pm
No just put the color on it . you can use purple shampoo after

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love_angel011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 3:30pm
thanks so much!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChelseaLabelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 4:06pm
Welcome
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair