Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Helpl!!! my leave out is relaxed!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AudreyBall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AudreyBall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Helpl!!! my leave out is relaxed!!!
    Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:19pm
I have been natural since June 2013 & I did my big chop in August. But i was unhappy with my appearance as a natural girl with a TWA. Sooooooo, I went back to wearing my sew ins in December. Because of the humidity in the air (Florida girl), my hair wouldn't lay down flat-ironed. I then committed the crime of a lifetime. I RELAXED MY LEAVE OUT! Big mistake! Now that my hair is a little longer and I am comfortable with the length,I can't find any styles to do to my hair because of this big straight part down the middle of my head. I'm not ready to chop that part because then i would be back to my really TWA when I first chopped! Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 12:57pm
Wow. I dont want to add salt to the wound but just reading this was making me pissed off. I'm not gonna sugarcoat the ridiculousness of this situation and coo you, I'm about to scold.  There are first of all many options you could have chosen. You could have chosen a wig that matched your hair texture, you could have worn a lace front. You could have even worn braids or even gotten a wig that was prebraided and braided the hair in the front to match. But you chose to relax part of your hair? Confused

And it occured to you to reach out now, but what are we supposed to do? Why didnt you reach out before about how to deal with your twa? There are support groups for that in many places online and advice. You couldve looked or asked online and researched wigs of afro texture, or anything to deal with your hair that wasnt so sacrificial.

This is why i dont understand the extent that was taken here just to make a temporary hair peice look good, and most of all why you are even surprised now. what did you think was going to happen when you took off your weave? You didnt think clearly about what it was you were doing before you did it and the ending consequence? I see this all the time people treating their hair like its some kind of wig rack, off handedly destroying their hair for the sake of their temporary european look. just like those ppl who glue their own hair to their weave, what i am reading is making no sense.

Honestly the only advice i can give is to learn from this experience as much as you can, and do transition styles while you grow the relaxed part out. There are many set styles you can do that can make the texture at least somewhat match. or you can protective style. You are going to have to accept what you did to your hair and work with it the way it is now. Next time before you do something irreversible, try to use your common sense.  Cry

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 09 2014 at 6:57pm
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 1:06pm
Grow it out you can wear puffs/buns and twist/braid outs.
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 3:20pm
I'll be happy when black women stop buying fine silky chinese & Indian hair then trying to blend it by frying the hell out of it. There is weave that is permed/processed to match closely to our blow dried hair texture. You shouldn't have been trying to blend your hair with the weave, the weave should blend with your hair.

I have no advice but to grow it out, nothing else you can do. Sorry but that was the dumbest sh*t ever, why would you relax a section of your hair and not your whole head? And your natural hair wasn't laying down because you refused to properly condition & moisturize you probably just threw on some heat protectant or polisher on some brittle dry hair and expected it to lay.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 4:15pm
You may as well relax the  rest of it now so you can do something with your natural hair without having to wear a weave.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 4:24pm
Maybe the op is young in highschool ? I would flat twist the relax sections until it grows out . Make sure you are ready to tex or relax your entire head . HTH 
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 4:30pm
I get being passionate about your hair but sometimes you guys go WAY overboard....

Op, you can try to transition that leave out. Trim off the ends slowly. Make sure to be really gentle with that area! Do bantu knots out to give it texture to match your hair. Also try to wear a side part or an off center part.

Edited by iBetYouhNvNika - Apr 09 2014 at 4:31pm
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 4:50pm
LOL yall went in on the OP. Im dying over here
nebhnebh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nebhnebh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 1:51pm
Start something new, wear the relaxed part in a braid or flat twist while wearing your natural hair out.  Wear your hair in protective styles that may help the relaxed part blend in better or roll your hair on perm rods to achieve an all over curly look.

No matter what you do be prepared to be patient with the relaxed hair until you have enough new growth to cut.  Have you considered using a kinky weave on the relaxed area?
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

LOL yall went in on the OP. Im dying over here

girl ok, Im like I wish a chick would come at me like that LOL  see i can not with BHM sometimes
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style