FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Help

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
Chantal34 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chantal34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help
    Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 12:56am
I left my abusive, non-supportive spouse back in August of 2011. We have one child together. In the last two years I have been the sole provider with absolutely no help from him whatsoever. I filed for child support in August 2012. I was naive enough to think that he would get some type of counselling in all that time we were separated, but it never happened. In April I called him and told him I wanted a divorce. He told me that we would each need attornies and that it would take him six weeks for him to be able to afford one. Six weeks came and went. In June 2013 I was finally given a child support court date for August. I decided to go ahead and hire an attorney and file for divorce. My ex husband showed up to the child support court and asked for full custody of our daughter! How could he ask for this when he was violent towards me and never sent one dime in child support?! I was not in the court room due to a protective order that is in place but my lawyer relayed the information to me. I feel really angry and confused right now. All I want is for this monster to be out of our lives. I don't even want him to have joint custody. If he loved us so much he would've shown it. I hate him.
Sponsored Links

Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 1:12am
Good luck and well, if there are records of him abusing you and lack of child support then he really doesn't have much of a chance on full custody. It is just a method used to wear down one parents and hurt them $$.
Chantal34 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chantal34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 1:22am
Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

Good luck and well, if there are records of him abusing you and lack of child support then he really doesn't have much of a chance on full custody. It is just a method used to wear down one parents and hurt them $$.

Well I'm definitely worn down. I depleted my little retirement fund to pay for the divorce attorney. My ex looked horrible in court...like a homeless man. To the best of my knowledge he still doesn't have a lawyer. I had my lawyer pull all police reports from when we were together. I'm incredibly stressed out by this.
morenaloca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 2:08am
hire someone to "get rid of him" permanently
Nadiesca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nadiesca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 1:57pm
if you want him out of your and your child 's life dont ask for child support....it not worth it
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2013 at 6:52am
He sounds crazy.

I am really sorry  for the situation - but if he looks like a homeless person in court - he will not get the child. It takes A LOT for the courts to separate a mother from the child - like drug abuse etc so I doubt if he will prevail.

I agree with the above poster .. if he is A NUT forget about fighting for child support just keep him out of your life. If you try to get child support .. you will forever be in contact with him.
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2013 at 7:33am
Originally posted by morenaloca morenaloca wrote:

hire someone to "get rid of him" permanently

Don't do this
He is not worth jail time
Chantal34 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chantal34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2013 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

He sounds crazy.

I am really sorry  for the situation - but if he looks like a homeless person in court - he will not get the child. It takes A LOT for the courts to separate a mother from the child - like drug abuse etc so I doubt if he will prevail.

I agree with the above poster .. if he is A NUT forget about fighting for child support just keep him out of your life. If you try to get child support .. you will forever be in contact with him.

We (my lawyer and I ) believe he IS crazy. That's why we're fighting for supervised visitation and only after he has completed anger management or attends counseling.

KottonKandy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 8:53pm
or maybe he purposely came to court looking homeless so he can look the part of not having money...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic