BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

HELP!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 5:22pm
Why would someone one star this? Sleepy
OP, in your first 2 years your mostly going to be taking core classes. Make an appointment to speak to an adviser at the school you'll be attending or speak to the counselors at your school to help you choose the right direction.
Also, go through the school catalogs and take a look at the majors and their descriptions. That way you can see what you want to take and what you don't.
Sponsored Links

babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

uhm..you need to be a compsci major or biology
I really wish I could but, I don't have the passion for medicine and I hate computers.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 5:24pm
Oh and you may want to check out some of the courses on Coursera or other free online education. That can give you an idea of whether you're interested in the material. Also, it may help you to weed out some things that you're really not good at. 
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Marmonette Marmonette wrote:

I am a social work major and I plan on getting my masters in social work as well.

From what I have been told, there will always be jobs in social services, as long as people need help. At least, thats what my teachers tell me...

I don't know if the school you plan on going to has a social work program, but if they do, they will have praticum classes. Praticum classes allow you to network and get a feel for what you will be doing later in life.

Keep in mind that you can double major, switch you major or go on to do something that complements your major in grad school. Nothing is set it stone. When you start taking your pre-major classes and find out that it isnt for you, there is no harm in switching you major your first year.

Also, go to the college advisors. They will be more than happy to help you through your decision. An even better option is to talk to some of the teachers that are in the majors you want to pursue. Not only do you get to meet them and have them remember you, but they tend to explain the major more in depth.

Good luck  girl!
Alladis!Big smile
Marmonette View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marmonette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by babyk94 babyk94 wrote:

Thank you!!!! how do you like being a social worker??? I have heard so many different things

I am not a social worker yet. I have to complete a state license exam first.

What I can tell you from my experiences working with other social workers is that it isnt a career path for everyone.

You will hear the word "burnout" quite a bit. And there will be teachers who will tell you horror stories. of their past jobs, I am sure. But if it is something you realllly want to do, then you just take the good with the bad. I learned long ago that I am NOT a people person.

I am focusing on administration, public policy, welfare, managing, organizing...the boring part of social services LOL

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 5:31pm

I really wish I could but, I don't have the passion for medicine and I hate computers.

do you have a passion for paying bills and having a good income?Angry
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 5:32pm
You're most likely gonna change it before you graduate...or end up not working in that field anyway so....who cares. 
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 5:38pm

do you have a passion for paying bills and having a good income?Angry
maybe I'll just try to model or something
James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 5:41pm

whatever your passion is, do it. good luck young sister.
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by James Avery James Avery wrote:

whatever your passion is, do it. good luck young sister.
you are always so sweet thank you
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>